Fried my Streamer: New Streamer with USB output?

mitch stl

Re: Fried my Streamer: New Streamer with USB output?
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jul 2023, 09:26 pm »
That's the nice thing about this hobby -- to each his own.  I've tried some expensive streamers in my systems and am just as happy with my humble pi. (In fact Bryston and some makers of not-very-inexpensive streamers use Raspberry Pi boards in their products to much acclaim.)

newzooreview

« Reply #21 on: 28 Jul 2023, 10:21 pm »
Sure thing. I think it's good to try the Pi4 and see how it meshes with the system.

jpm

« Reply #22 on: 1 Aug 2023, 02:18 pm »
If you're still looking for a solution, a MicroRendu just popped up on USAM

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650007432-sonore-microrendu-amp-ifi-ipower/

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #23 on: 1 Aug 2023, 02:53 pm »
...Thanks to the suggestion above, I purchased a used Sonore MicroRendu from US AudioMart. It was $275, which is in the price range of the unavailable Allo USB Signature. I will be curious to see how it sounds. I have an Uptone Audio Ultracap power supply on hand, so I should be able to give it very clean power.

Thanks again to everyone for their insight and suggestions.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #24 on: 2 Aug 2023, 04:41 am »
I was looking at the Roon Bridge downloads on the Roon website, and as far as I can see they only offer Roon Bridge installations that layer on top of full Windows, Mac, or Linux OS. https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/linux-install#Overview

I have used a NUC Rock as a bridge. NUC Rock as server and another NUC Rock as bridge. The second NUC shows up as endpoint. A 7i3 NUC can be had for about the same price as a Pi4 and it provides a spare if anything happens to your server.