Line Force?

SoCalWJS

Re: Line Force?
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jun 2022, 01:33 pm »
There are lots of folks here with many fine systems.  But none that I think have clearly better speakers than my LS9's... Tyson's Serenity 7's are their equal, perhaps better in some ways, in some ways not as good. The current GR models?  I'll take my LS9's.   But when you have your Line Forces in place with the accompanying subs, that is a speaker system I'll be envious of.
Love both the LS9’s and the Serenity 7’s. Outstanding speakers. Haven’t had the opportunity to listen to the top of the line NX Series, but I would love to. Get the impression that while they are a bit different, they too are outstanding. And yes, the Line Force are a level above them all.

Wish I understood the issues surrounding the Patents on the B&G Neo drivers, and how much different a New Driver would have to be so that they would not violate the Patent.

The technology is not that different from other drivers is it?

Maybe a different material for the actual diaphragm and a different size (Neo 11?) would be enough to be safe?

Captainhemo

« Reply #21 on: 30 Jun 2022, 07:15 pm »
Here's the thread  when went from the ground up and re-designed the original cabs .  We really focused on attention to detail and creating a cabinet that  would match  the performance of these speakers.
Unfortunately,  right after   we  cut the intial pair of these,  the  whole  BG/Christie  Digital  scenario went down.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=159717.0

As Don mentioned above,  we were contacted by customers who had  drivers   so  another run was initiated....  then the  composite  issues came up.   Anyway,   they are    almost  done  and wil be   very similar to the  cabs in the thread above  with a  few   modifications,   beefier base,   bolt on c/o board with tube connector  blocks at  front  of board   for    low/high  frequencies and   a single  pair at the rear of the board   for  input.

Hopefully  pics soon

Captainhemo

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jul 2022, 10:43 pm »

jay

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #23 on: 22 Jul 2022, 11:36 pm »

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jul 2022, 12:04 am »
Glad to see some progress on these cabinets!

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jul 2022, 02:31 am »
So are we, the delay on materials has been painful to say the least, home stretch now however,

Don

jakefalcons

« Reply #26 on: 25 Jul 2022, 06:18 am »
Man I'd love to buy a pair of these line forces if the grs 10's end up working out.

Kaiju2189

« Reply #27 on: 25 Jul 2022, 10:32 pm »
I’m not sure these make sense for my room but I still would love a pair. Maybe a couple of my 4 daughters will want small weddings…. Or maybe I could roll this into a wedding budget as Reception Related expenses.

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 26 Jul 2022, 02:36 pm »
From the sounds of what I'm hearing, there is a patent on the design that is owned by PS Audio. Does anyone know a date on that patent? They are only upheld for 15-20 years, so at some point in the future everyone can go hog wild with Neo10 drivers on everything. Could be good fun.

Kristy Digital owns the patent rights on those right now, and I am pretty sure that PS Audio is having to purchase their Neo 10's from Parts Express.

artur9

« Reply #29 on: 27 Jul 2022, 02:36 am »
I’m not sure these make sense for my room but I still would love a pair. Maybe a couple of my 4 daughters will want small weddings…. Or maybe I could roll this into a wedding budget as Reception Related expenses.

Get the DJ to require them and have the DJ gift them to you after?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #30 on: 27 Jul 2022, 02:48 am »
Kristy Digital owns the patent rights on those right now, and I am pretty sure that PS Audio is having to purchase their Neo 10's from Parts Express.
Danny,
It's been a couple of years now.  Are you any closer to getting your own version of the 10" perfected?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #31 on: 27 Jul 2022, 01:12 pm »
Danny,
It's been a couple of years now.  Are you any closer to getting your own version of the 10" perfected?
Nothing has changed on that front, sadly.
Radian is working on their own version, but we haven't heard any updates from them in quite some time though.

Jaytor

« Reply #32 on: 24 Oct 2022, 05:40 pm »
Took a road trip to Kelowna, BC this past weekend to visit Jay (@captainhemo) and Don (@Endo2112) and pick up the Line Force cabinets they made for me.

I had a great time with nice company, great tunes, some delicious BBQ chicken wings and beef brisket tacos, along with some excellent Pinot that I brought up from OR.

I've been waiting for these cabinets for about two years, so I didn't want to chance them getting damaged by UPS. These are made from composite instead of the normal MDF, so supply chain issues seriously got in the way. But they turned out really nice and I'm looking forward to getting them built.

I heard the Super Sevens while I was there, along with a pair of small monitors that Jay and Don are working on. The Super Sevens (which use the same drivers as the Line Force) sounded fabulous so I'm really looking forward to hearing how these sound. In the meantime, here's some eye candy.

Jon L

« Reply #33 on: 24 Oct 2022, 06:16 pm »

That's some beautiful work.  Congrats!  :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #34 on: 24 Oct 2022, 07:02 pm »
I am very rarely jealous.  But.... I'm jealous.  Beautiful work.

Captainhemo

« Reply #35 on: 24 Oct 2022, 07:44 pm »
Was a pleasure  having you  up Jay and the wine was fantastic !
I'm  just  glad  you  finally  have them, as you  mentioned,  it has been a struggle  getting  these  things  done with so many  shortages  over  the past   couple of years.

And, just  heads up for the other  couple customers  waiting on these,   another pair  were  just picked up and is on it's way,  we'll be boxing up  last  pair  and getting them  out as well.

jay

Jaytor

« Reply #36 on: 24 Oct 2022, 08:10 pm »
Thanks guys. Yeah they really came out nice. Jay and Don do nice work!

Now to get them built. I just ordered a bunch of screws from McMaster to install the drivers. I'm not sure what size will be best, so I ordered #2, #4, and #6 screws. I think I'll end up using #2 for the NEO3s and #6 for the NEO10s.

I've decided to wire them with Neotech UP-OCC solid-core copper in teflon.

emailtim

« Reply #37 on: 24 Oct 2022, 08:53 pm »
Those are beautiful and I am sure they will sound even better.

nrenter

« Reply #38 on: 24 Oct 2022, 10:31 pm »
Composite? Tell us more.

Jaytor

« Reply #39 on: 24 Oct 2022, 10:51 pm »
@Captainhemo can reply with the specific material. He told me it was a polycarbonate composite.