Introducing: Ember USB

Pez

Introducing: Ember USB
« on: 22 Jul 2021, 03:21 am »
Hey all, I have been highly focused on a few new releases coming up very soon. One of the big questions I always get is 'When are you making a USB cable?' Well, the answer is, I've been working on 2 USB cables! the main USB project I have been working on is our technological Tour-de-force that is coming down the pike very soon and has been in the making (including a patent) for the better part of 2 years. The other project is Ember, a much more organic and 'passion project' release that sort of came out of pure inspiration.

I've been quietly working away on this giant killer for the last few months knowing that if I were going to release it, it'd better be every bit superb due to the number of excellent options out there for USB. It has been a long time comin' and with that, I'm excited to announce Hapa Audio's first foray into Digital is finally here.

Ember is our USB cable that is designed to be exceptional in both price and sound quality. The design is incredible and very unique.

Check out the full description! https://hapaaudio.com/shop/digital-cables/ember-usb/

EDIT:
Reviews are starting to come in for Ember USB and they're looking so so sweet! To show my appreciation for this community and to kick things off for the tour I want you to know I will be doing $50 off any length of Ember USB! :dance: :dance: :dance:

For this tour please enter coupon code: dispenseroftruth for $50 off of purchase for any length!  :o

Thanks for being amazing ACers. I can feel the love!
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2021, 09:21 pm by Pez »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Introducing: Ember USB
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2021, 03:26 am »
I have one in my system right now and it is (pardon my french) fucking awesome.

Pez

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2021, 07:51 pm »
Ember USB is one of my favorite technical feats. why? The geometry. As I'm sure most of you know, USB is a difficult medium to master. Usually cable makers focus heavily on twist ratio. Not because it'll make the sonics better, but more importantly, if you don't get the twist ratio correct data will not flow period. I can't think of a more finicky cable type than USB. In that I also can't think of a cable with a bigger potential for terrible or excellent sonics.

Rather than a simple twist ratio, Ember utilizes a data core that consists of an eight wire braided packet, four packets for data + and four for data -. The geometry must be EXACT and the proper chirality for each lead observed or the cable will not work. The precision geometric braiding is one of the things that separates Hapa Audio geometries from the entire industry and Ember exemplifies this in it's design (more on that to come!)

I will be sending Ember out to one reviewer who has already requested to hear it. There will be one more review set sent out to whom ever contacts me first via PM and is willing to post their impressions and photos here on AC. (review pieces are spoken for) Don't worry if you miss out! There will be a tour! And if you PM me after the review piece is claimed, you will be added to the tour preferentially.
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2021, 04:54 am by Pez »

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2021, 08:25 pm »
Alrighty, both review pairs are spoken for. I'll be posting the tour sign up sometime next week for everyone else. Thanks to those who continue to support Hapa Audio, your reviews and word of mouth are what make this company possible.  :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2021, 01:59 am »
I have one in my system right now and it is (pardon my french) fucking awesome.

C'mon, Tyson. Stop beating around the bush. Do you like it?  :lol:

Jason,

Are you going to tell us the price of this puppy, or do I have to lose <even more> hair wondering?

Whispering in your ear: speaker cables.....s p e a k e r   c a b l e s  8)

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2021, 04:07 am »
Jason,

Are you going to tell us the price of this puppy, or do I have to lose <even more> hair wondering?

Michael,
I am pricing this cable to be in line with Breathe C. 8) Speaking of losing your hair, believe it or not, this cable use more than double the Angel Hair Litz copper in it's design than a PAIR of Breathe C cables.  :o

All in good time my friend. I don't make 'me too!!!' products. When I have deeper insight on how I will approach Hapa's solution you'll be the first to know.  :wink:

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2021, 04:08 am »
Jason,

The price of the USB is on the Hapa website

https://hapaaudio.com/product/ember-usb/

Wait, did I hear speaker cables??   :drool:

hi5harry

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2021, 03:59 pm »
I'm intrigued. My system does notice a difference with different usb cables. Will there be an introductory price for us AC members?

Pez

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2021, 04:48 pm »
I'm intrigued. My system does notice a difference with different usb cables. Will there be an introductory price for us AC members?

You are all way ahead of me! My web dev and myself are impressed that you all found the Ember landing page already :icon_lol: There will be a promo code more details to come.  :thumb:

I wanted to show you all the intricate interior data core. Not an easy geometry to get right.

Rock on AC can't wait to launch the tour!
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2021, 08:12 pm by Pez »

Pez

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2021, 11:01 pm »

mgalusha

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2021, 03:15 pm »
I had the opportunity to hear this in my system yesterday as the connection to the May dac, given all the work they put in to the USB input and it's isolation, I didn't really expect much of a change. Suffice to say, I was very happy with the improvement, more resolution, more layers to the sound, more emotion. I would as about getting one but I also got to try the extra fancy cable, which was even better. Pez, check your email. ;)

nature boy

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jul 2021, 06:05 pm »
Can a digital coax be far behind??

NB

Pez

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jul 2021, 09:27 pm »
Can a digital coax be far behind??

NB

That’s a fair question. I’m going to start a thread. I think it’s important to convey why it has taken me so long to release my digital line. I’m working hard on getting things listed. For now, if you ever have a question about if something is coming up soon I am always happy to chat over private message.

Pez

« Reply #13 on: 28 Jul 2021, 04:30 am »
Hey Folks,
I’m happy to announce that Ember is LIVE on the website. For full description go check it out. I’ll chat about some more things about this design soon. There is WAY more to it than meets the eye.

https://hapaaudio.com/shop/digital-cables/ember-usb/

A_shah

« Reply #14 on: 14 Aug 2021, 12:20 am »
Hey all, I have been highly focused on a few new releases coming up very soon. One of the big questions I always get is 'When are you making a USB cable?' Well, the answer is, I've been working on 2 USB cables! the main USB project I have been working on is our technological Tour-de-force that is coming down the pike very soon and has been in the making (including a patent) for the better part of 2 years. The other project is Ember, a much more organic and 'passion project' release that sort of came out of pure inspiration.

I've been quietly working away on this giant killer for the last few months knowing that if I were going to release it, it'd better be every bit superb due to the number of excellent options out there for USB. It has been a long time comin' and with that, I'm excited to announce Hapa Audio's first foray into Digital is finally here.

Ember is our USB cable that is designed to be exceptional in both price and sound quality. The design is incredible and very unique.

Check out the full description! https://hapaaudio.com/shop/digital-cables/ember-usb/

Notice you use  an IFI purifier 3 with the Ember USB why would you need an IFI purifier with the Ember USB I own a JCAT dual lead reference cable with separate  Data and power  cable I seem to like using the cable without the IFI purifier with my Denefrips Aries 2 DAC and head phone amp when I use the purifier with the cable  soundstage seems to narrow ?is the Ember USB available
 for tour ? :popcorn:

Asghar

Pez

« Reply #15 on: 14 Aug 2021, 09:18 pm »
Notice you use  an IFI purifier 3 with the Ember USB why would you need an IFI purifier with the Ember USB I own a JCAT dual lead reference cable with separate  Data and power  cable I seem to like using the cable without the IFI purifier with my Denefrips Aries 2 DAC and head phone amp when I use the purifier with the cable  soundstage seems to narrow ?is the Ember USB available
 for tour ? :popcorn:

Asghar

Asghar,
First I want it separate your question out as it is actually two questions.

First why do I use the iPurifer3/iSilencer+ sets? While a cable can do quite a bit to reject and/or shield from external RFI/EMI a cable CANNOT reject noise inborn in the data leg. Regardless of type/brand of cable this is true. The iFi pieces are designed to do several things, most importantly active noise cancellation. The iPurifer 3 in particular is superlative. Prior iPurifers are much less effective than the iPurifer 3 so be aware, the 3rd generation specifically is what I am speaking of NOT any prior generation. Also, word to the wise, these devices need at least 100 hours to break in. Do not expect to open the box, plug them in, and instantly get great sound quality because you won’t.

Second data leg / 5 volt segregation can be done several ways. Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with what the iFi devices are doing. The most popular way is to literally segregate the data leg from the power leg by putting it in its own structure. Another way to segregate the data leg from 5 volt is to utilize geometry to put the 5 volt in a geometric matrix that places it at steep angle to the data leg. This is the method utilized in Ember. The data leg runs through the center of the cable and is separated from the 5 volt by ~ 1mm-3mm. The 5 volt leg is braided to place it at 45 degrees from the data leg for the entire length of the cable. This drastically reduces noise that can pollute the data leg from induction from the 5 volt leg.

Finally, yes Ember is available for purchase! Use coupon code: dispenseroftruth for a $50 discount on any length.  :thumb: