Audio Slowdown?

Jumpin

Audio Slowdown?
« on: 26 Oct 2020, 03:53 pm »
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.  Due to downsizing our house, I recently posted loudspeakers and an audio rack for sale.  Highly rated equipment at seemingly very low prices.  Not much action at all on these.  Wondering if others are seeing a slowdown and if anyone has successful strategies they are using to sell on-line? 

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
Re: Audio Slowdown?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2020, 05:06 pm »
I’ve been actively looking for some replacement speakers (stupid upgrade and/or change bug) and I’ve noticed that the posting of speakers seems to have slowed considerably on all sites.  No idea why.

Mike B.

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2020, 05:10 pm »
It normally picks up as the weather gets worse in the fall. If you can ship them try the US Audio Mart

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2020, 05:41 pm »
Regarding Jumpin’s speakers I think it’s a matter of them being available locally only. I’m probably like many others that are interested but not local. 

Hopefully I’ll be rewarded with some interesting options as we get deeper into fall.  Lord knows something good has to come after raking up all these &#@+% leaves!

Emil

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2020, 05:55 pm »
Regarding Jumpin’s speakers I think it’s a matter of them being available locally only. I’m probably like many others that are interested but not local. 

you have pretty much limited your potential buyers to roughly a 2 hour driving radius from your home.

If you can get boxes from  Von S, you should be able recoup that expense

Jumpin

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2020, 06:02 pm »
Good feedback so far, thank you.  I’ll keep an eye out for additional responses.

charmerci

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2020, 05:43 am »
In addition, I think we live in a time where those with less money are struggling especially with an unsure future while those who are well-to-do generally have what they want with slight stock market worries. Also, this is a time where holiday specials are coming up so more budget conscious people are waiting for the sales.
But sometimes, you just need to patient and someone will eventually decide or discover the good deals.

Emil

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2020, 12:31 pm »
In addition, I think we live in a time where those with less money are struggling especially with an unsure future while those who are well-to-do generally have what they want with slight stock market worries. Also, this is a time where holiday specials are coming up so more budget conscious people are waiting for the sales.
But sometimes, you just need to patient and someone will eventually decide or discover the good deals.

The flip side  is with more audiphiles working from home and staying indoors, they are spending more time listening and with that the itch to upgrade is greater.

Get the shipping boxes and I'm sure they will be sold in no time.

Highly regarded $3750 VS speaker seliing for $2000 plus cost of boxes plus shipping will sell quickly

RonN5

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2020, 01:03 pm »
Notice that Emil commented on $2000 for your speakers but reading through your listing you reduced the price to $1500.... but you didn’t make the correction in your initial post.... so for those that don’t read the whole string...I’d suggest you make the correction and consider getting the price into the title of the post for those who see it on HiFi Shark.

Emil

« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2020, 01:10 pm »
$1500?!

Try craigslists . Worth a try.

I check my local listing occasionally and see high end gear listed