No sound from Transporter digital input

nlfield

No sound from Transporter digital input
« on: 25 Aug 2010, 02:59 am »
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help with this problem. I have had a Modwright Truth Transporter for several years now. I've used the RCA coax digital input irregularly over this time. Mostly when I had a DVD player. The input always seemed a bit flakey to activate, but once it was on, it worked fine.

Now I would like to use the digital inputs more regularly, but cannot get any sound to come out. I'm not sure when this functionality was lost (maybe with the upgrade to the latest SqueezeCenter software - I'm on 7.5.1).

Here's what I've done to troubleshoot:

1. RCA Coax cable from Oppo Blu-ray player to Transporter. Set oppo to output PCM. Set Transporter digital input to RCA Coax. Played a CD. No sound.
2. Optical cable from Mac Pro to Transporter. Set Mac to use digital output. Set Transporter to Optical input. Played Itunes. No sound.
3. Did a factory reset for firmware. It didn't seem to work since the firmware stayed at level 80.
4. Firmware is on 80. Reverted back to SqueezeServer 7.4.2 from 7.5.1. Firmware was still on 80. Played Itunes on mac, but still no sound.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
Norman

nlfield

Re: No sound from Transporter digital input
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2010, 09:21 pm »
For the record, this problem was fixed by switching the volume control on the TP from fixed to variable.  This resulted in sound coming from the Oppo digital stream.  Switching back to fixed output didn't cause any problem - still had sound.

Strange, but true.