Aluminati cases

bonsai

Aluminati cases
« on: 12 Jan 2014, 02:35 pm »
Hi,

I built a Passive Preamp / Buffer using a DCB1 and I really like it.

This DCB1 thread is located at:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/171715-salas-hotrodded-blue-dcb1-build-new-post.html

This is a solid performer using the Nelson Pass B1 buffer with a nice regulated power supply.

I am thinking of building a better/nicer one and I'm wondering if you have a case you could sell?

I am thinking of building with the following:
R Core Transformer,
Khozmo Remote control attenuator
Power supply for Khozmo Remote control attenuator
DCB1

This is the one I built and it has the R Core, DCB1 and a manual Khozmo Attenuator. 

I really like the cases you built and I'm wondering if you have a case that would work for this.  I'd probably need to have the holes drilled in the front for the Attenuator shaft and Power btn. 

ufokillerz

Re: Aluminati cases
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2014, 03:02 pm »
i hear that Matt does prototyping work for a living, but be prepared to pay an arm and maybe both legs for a "1 of" special.

bonsai

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2014, 05:01 pm »
I was reading other threads on the Aluminati forum and saw a few times where they ran batches of cases.  They have a smaller set of mono blocks now for instance...  I think you can buy a finised pair of monoblock amps or you can buy the cases... 

I agree wit ya and the "1" special may be out of my price range. 

I thought I'd post this on the remote chance some prior run of cases is still in the inventory that may work... Or maybe something they may run a batch of on the horizon.

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2014, 06:40 pm »
Hi Bonsai,

We are currently making custom gear for a few gentlemen, one needs 4 stereo cases (Ncore) and other wants gold plated faceplates for his SE-40 tube amps.

Because they are custom and require a lot of man hours, we have to charge at a high rate (not to mention gold plating is extremely expensive!!).

I know Silicon Ray sells cases at cheap prices but they are making tons at a time :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

bonsai

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2014, 06:51 pm »
I'd be looking around the $500-700 range for something pretty nice.  I'd be kicking this off Spring or Summer...  I've got a project in the works so this is down the road. 

I also live in MN

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2014, 07:43 pm »
I'd be looking around the $500-700 range for something pretty nice.  I'd be kicking this off Spring or Summer...  I've got a project in the works so this is down the road. 

I also live in MN

We could probably do something for you. Send us an email this spring or summer :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

OzarkTom

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2014, 08:53 pm »
Any update on a new case for the Job 225 amp?

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jan 2014, 09:30 pm »
Any update on a new case for the Job 225 amp?

This was going to be a personal purchase, that i would modify myself on my own time but after talking with the lady, it is put on hold.

Spring vacation comes first….

Best,
Matt