Halo 2 November 9

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Halo 2 November 9
« on: 5 Nov 2004, 09:47 pm »
Will Halo2 be available to the average Joe on Nov 9? Or will it only go to the privileged who have preordered (or who will line up at 4am at their favorite big box)?

mcrespo71

Halo 2 November 9
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2004, 10:02 pm »
I doubt you will be able to get it if you haven't preordered it yet.  I just stopped by my local EB 3 days ago and they were still taking preorders, so you may want to try and see if you can still put a preorder in.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Halo 2 November 9
« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2004, 10:25 pm »
Depending upon where you live, it might to tough to get a copy right away without preordering it.  But I've been waiting so long for it that one more week or two won't bother me.  Especially since I don't even have Fable yet. :oops:

jgubman

Halo 2 November 9
« Reply #3 on: 5 Nov 2004, 10:37 pm »
Don't worry Rob, there's plenty of time btwn now and the 9th to get and finish Fable...

I loved the game, but it was over way, way too quick. I was just starting to really enjoy it and it ended.

dallasstarsfan

Halo copy
« Reply #4 on: 5 Nov 2004, 10:54 pm »
hey all,

I preordered 2 copies of Halo.  One for me and one for my neighbor.  However, since he is a coach for the local football team (Bengals), he is swapped with work and will not have time to play until the season is over.  So, if anyone wants the 2nd copy, shoot me a PM.  I will sell it at cost as I am not looking to profit on this -- just trying to help a gamer out.

thinh

Woodsea

Halo 2 November 9
« Reply #5 on: 6 Nov 2004, 12:55 am »
My x-box was unable to erase so I had my ex-neighbor kid guru fix it.  He put on the french version of this topic.  Looked good, but after the first few minutes w/o english subtitles I got lost.  Looks pretty damn good though.  I will be getting the real 'merican version in just a few days now.

bubba966

Halo 2 November 9
« Reply #6 on: 6 Nov 2004, 03:29 am »
5,500,000 copies were pressed. As of about 3 weeks ago only about 1,300,000 copies were presold. 800,000 copies a day can be pressed at a single pressing plant.

Moral of the story is not to worry about picking up a copy...

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Halo 2 November 9
« Reply #7 on: 6 Nov 2004, 11:54 pm »
I went ahead and pre-ordered the limited edition so I could have the making of dvd/ I also read that you could go to certain stiores and buy Halo 2 at 12:01 Tuesday!