Three Rooms at RMAF to visit

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Three Rooms at RMAF to visit
« on: 10 Oct 2011, 03:09 am »
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

If you plan to attend RMAF in a few days, please try to visit three rooms where we will have the following models on demo:

In Room 522 with Purity Audio, we will have the World Debut of the all-new VR-44 Aktive speaker.

In Room 2011 with Jolida Audio, we will have two different models playing. In system A, we will have the UniField Model Two driven by new Jolida electronics.  In system B in the main room, we will have the VR-5 Anniversary Mk2, driven by new Jolida Fusion electronics.

In Room 2016, we will have our Factory Direct speaker VR-33 driven by inexpensive tube electronics by Jolida.  This will be a "value oriented" system that will retail for less than $9,000 but will have sound quality that is not related to the modest price point.

Front end sources will include an open reel deck by UHA with copies of original master tapes in room 2011, courtesy of Greg Baron of Jolida/United Home Theater.  In room 522, we'll be playing high resolution digital files along with the Eera Tentation CD player for Redbook discs.  In Room 2016, VSA will be playing Redbook discs with the tubed Jolida CD player as well as high resolution files from an Apple laptop.

Please drop by for a listen and meet the nice folks at VSA, Purity Audio, and Jolida Audio.

geowak

Re: Three Rooms at RMAF to visit
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2011, 03:57 pm »
I wonder if the VR-33's could be driven by a SS McCormack DNA-125 (Stock).
125 wpc at 8ohm and around 200 wpc at 4ohms. People seem to love the sound of these speakers!

BigSwede

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2011, 01:44 am »
That's plenty of power, they are not a tough load. I have the VR-33s and I am running a Bel Canto eVo2i that is 120 wpc. It is entirely capable of enough clean volume to make my ears bleed if desired...

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2011, 10:37 pm »

Hey Guys, how are you doing in Denver?

Just spotted a nice picture of the VR 44 Room, looks like you hit the bull's eye there.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=99214.40

Can't wait to have them in Europe.

Good luck breaking up the equipment and travel back to the VSA base in Riverside.

Cor