Shout out to Pete ...

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Shout out to Pete ...
« on: 7 Mar 2007, 01:37 am »
...the big red machine.  This is a little off topic, but I did want to thank Pete for his great HT gathering, which gave a lot of people a chance to hear the HT3 and new V3.  But the real reason for my post is to also thank him for the front-projector HT demo--it motivated me to buy one of them things, and I got it set up this weekend.  If you have an appropriate dark room, that has to be the way to go.  720p, 7-foot wide pic, surround sound--$400 rebate from Optoma--what's not to like.  And I won a $500 gift certificate from AV123 at the event, with which I ordered a spiffy looking and great sounding Onix amplifier.  It arrived today and replaces the Van Alstine-modified Hafler that I moved downstairs for HT subwoofer duty.

PaulHilgeman

Re: Shout out to Pete ...
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2007, 08:07 pm »
They are definitely the way to go if the room suits it.  Most people would drool over watching movies on a 60" plasma, but for me that stinks, the real way to watch movies is on a 110" FP system for sure!!!

Enjoy Dennis!

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2007, 10:15 pm »
Hey Dennis, I did not know you had one of my amplifiers.  What model Hafler and what AVA circuit set is in it?

Why don't you send it back to us for a complimentary upgrade?

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2007, 12:11 am »
Hi Frank.   Yup, I've had it for several years.  Someone (wish I could remember who) sent it to me in appreciation for a design I had done for him.  I guess he collected amps like I collect speakers.  It's been a real workhorse (and powerhorse).  Your label on the back says "Omega III 250" serial number 112098. 

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2007, 11:05 am »
Its a 1998 version of our circuit set in a Hafler DH-200/220 chassis.  The current OmegaStar EX circuits are avaiable and are substantially cleaner (new output devices, new audio boards).  Send it in please.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2007, 02:39 pm »
...the big red machine.  This is a little off topic, but I did want to thank Pete for his great HT gathering, which gave a lot of people a chance to hear the HT3 and new V3.  But the real reason for my post is to also thank him for the front-projector HT demo--it motivated me to buy one of them things, and I got it set up this weekend.  If you have an appropriate dark room, that has to be the way to go.  720p, 7-foot wide pic, surround sound--$400 rebate from Optoma--what's not to like.  And I won a $500 gift certificate from AV123 at the event, with which I ordered a spiffy looking and great sounding Onix amplifier.  It arrived today and replaces the Van Alstine-modified Hafler that I moved downstairs for HT subwoofer duty.

Wish I'd known Dennis.  I could have hooked you up with my old PJ for a song as I am going to a 1080p version soon.

Looking forward to getting my new V3's in the HT.  Then you and Jim need to iron out a center channel beast.  And then we need some surrounds!  Wow are you gonna be busy. :hyper:

I was thrilled to have you visit.  :thumb: :bowdown:

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2007, 03:59 pm »
Peter

the 50" Pioneer with 1080p looks fabulous

I have last years version which is still stunning

so are you hd dvd, blue ray or both?

really enjoy your room and I plan on demoing a Moscode myself in the coming months
after I get my turntable

Tom