Nuprime Ida-8, netfilter or not?

micon

Nuprime Ida-8, netfilter or not?
« on: 22 Oct 2020, 07:31 pm »
I just purchased a Dynavox 4100 netfilter. Now I wonder what to do with the power connection for my Nuprime Ida-8. I read that it's best not to use a netfilter on amplifiers and analog equipment, but since the Ida-8 is mostly digital and also a DAC I wonder if that rule applies.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Nuprime Ida-8, netfilter or not?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2020, 09:35 pm »
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it will make much difference either way with the IDA-8. I had an IDA-8 for 4 or 5 years and never did notice a difference when I had it plugged into my Pi UberBUSS conditioner or directly into the wall socket. It's a great little somewhat tube-like sounding integrated amp.

My old IDA-8 has been sitting in my son's living room for the last year. I'm buying a second one from a friend in a couple weeks cuz I miss that little guy.

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2020, 10:52 pm »
If anyone is going to buy an AC filter, please read the NuPrime Pure-AC4 product details. Even if you don't plan to spend that much on a high-end power conditioner, from the technical description of Pure-AC4, you can learn about that AC filter/conditioner.
Many cheap AC filter/conditioner (even some expensive ones) are just AC power strip with a fancy case and an ineffective filter. 
 Tripp Lite Isobar cost less than $100 on Amazon.com and it is very good with some noise filtering.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2020, 10:54 pm »
I just purchased a Dynavox 4100 netfilter. Now I wonder what to do with the power connection for my Nuprime Ida-8. I read that it's best not to use a netfilter on amplifiers and analog equipment, but since the Ida-8 is mostly digital and also a DAC I wonder if that rule applies.

It is ok to connect to IDA-8.  BTW, IDA-8 is mostly analog, not digital.  Digital means most of the processing and circuit are in 1s and 0s.
Only the DAC converts digital to analog, everything else is analog.