TNT Audio review of NuPrime Alita

Mystic Dragon

Re: TNT Audio review of NuPrime Alita
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2020, 12:31 pm »
Dear Rusty,
I bought a ST-10 for a 2-channel system about 1 year ago and got a great deal of enjoyment out of it.
Right now, I am looking for a DAC and Headphone Amp unit which is to be connected to the ST-10 and to enable headphone listening.
Is DAC-10H or Alitia better for me?
I use Focal Aria 936 speakers and Sennheiser HD800 headphones.
Thank you.

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2020, 09:59 pm »
This is a tough choice. I have to check with chief engineer.
Even though DAC-10H was designed many years ago, but the combination of headphone amp and DAC works so well and so powerful, it is difficult to surpass. The Alita has enough power to drive HD800 and has a different sound characteristic.

What is your music preference? I think that will determine which one to get.

Mystic Dragon

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2020, 10:16 am »
Hi Rusty
I listen to all kinds of music: Jazz, Classical, R&B, Pop, Flamengco, South American, Asianahe sound stage.
You can say I am a bit of an analytical listener. I love clear and detailed sound across a wide and deep sound stage.
I listen to live music and know what real instruments in an orchestra sounds like. I would like to get as much of the that live music feeling as possible in my home using more affordable near high-end equipment.
Like to know whether DAC-10H or Alita is better for me.

Does DAC-10H/Alita provide some kind of theatre by-pass?
One system configuration I am thinking of is to connect ST-10/DAC-10H to a Yamaha RX-A3080 receiver which is used to power a 7.2.4 Atmos system. The thinking is to use a ST-10/DAC-10H to drive the Focal Aria floor standing speakers as the front speakers in the 7.2.4 setup. At present, I have a stereo system in one room and an Atmos system in another because the Yamaha RX-A3080 simply cannot deliver the sonic quality that I can accept for 2 channel music. Ideally, I can free up one room by combining the two systems. 
Thank you.
Thanks.

« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2020, 11:32 am by Mystic Dragon »