Cherry Plus Question

Afterimage

Cherry Plus Question
« on: 23 May 2011, 04:26 pm »
 How long is run in or "burn in" time with this amp and is there a significant difference from out of the box and say 150 hours down the road?  I am comparing this to amps I have on hand, but I don't have much time on the Cherry Plus yet but I wanted to do a fair comparison.  thanks.

gme109

Re: Cherry Plus Question
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2011, 12:08 am »
How long is run in or "burn in" time with this amp and is there a significant difference from out of the box and say 150 hours down the road?  I am comparing this to amps I have on hand, but I don't have much time on the Cherry Plus yet but I wanted to do a fair comparison.  thanks.

I don't own a Cherry amp, so I can't say for sure, but most electronics, especially amps, need at least 200 plus hours to start sounding right.
I'm surprised no one with a Cherry amp has answered this question for you yet. Where the hell is everyone?!

stigs

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2011, 07:56 am »
I certainly had my doubts about my puchase of my Cherry amp until well after 150 hours and then all the harshness went away.My preamp is a Dared MC-7P,speakers Magnepan MMG,dvd Denon DVD-5000,and Kimber 8TC speaker wire.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2011, 02:15 pm »
Just hanging back, waiting for supplies, and checking out the posts....

Some great news is on the way.

Building the first Cherry MONO PLUS pair!