Backyard updating

mcgsxr

Re: Backyard updating
« Reply #40 on: 9 Jul 2014, 09:00 pm »
Funny about the mowing.  Just creative photography.  There will,still be a small amount of lawn back there, roughly 20x20.  Plus same in the front, so not selling the mower yet!

mcgsxr

« Reply #41 on: 21 Sep 2014, 01:43 pm »
So, an embarrassing amount of time has transpired, but the whole darn yard is now done.

The garden reshaping, concrete patio and sod portions were finished up yesterday.

Looking forward to the Spring when I can simply maintain it and not have to WORK in it.

Here is a shot of the old patio with pavers and rounded garden.

Here is a shot of the drain extended all the way to the hedge, and the framing of the new pad.

Here is a shot of the pad and garden all finished (OK, it still needs more mulch...).

And here is a shot of the new sod.  More grass than we started with, but a better use of the space overall.

Took a lot longer than we started, and we ended up with about a 25% overage in budget, but instead of multi year/phased projects we decided to see it all the way through this year.
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2014, 10:43 pm by mcgsxr »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #42 on: 21 Sep 2014, 02:43 pm »
You grass looks like it was rendered in Minecraft.   :rotflmao:
Kidding Mark. Just commenting on the sod.
The yard looks great! I love that two tone banding.

mcgsxr

« Reply #43 on: 21 Sep 2014, 10:44 pm »
Totally agree Bob, the lawn does look rendered!

Just wish it was as easy to dig holes in my yard as it is when I see the girls playing Minecraft!

ctviggen

« Reply #44 on: 21 Sep 2014, 11:03 pm »
Wow, that deck looks awesome!   Very well done.

mcgsxr

« Reply #45 on: 30 Sep 2014, 10:57 pm »
Thanks guys.  The Trex went down well, and other than having to clean off the area by the gas BBQ from grill scraping debris, and some bird droppings, it is great to live with.  Very comfy on the feet.

Here is my wife's fav shot.  From the hot tub across the back of the house.

It was a long long process, and it had some high points of frustration but in the end we are very pleased with it all.

Funny, we have had the 27 foot wide awning on the house since we moved in 9 years ago, but it really only makes sense now!

The weather last weekend was stupendous.  No humidity, cloudless skies, and mid to high 70's at the end of September around Toronto is pretty rare.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #46 on: 30 Sep 2014, 11:02 pm »
Looks Great! The awning is really nice!
You are really going to enjoy that space.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #47 on: 1 Oct 2014, 12:48 am »
Looking good Mark. You did a great job buddy.   :thumb:

So she likes to lay in the hottub, with a "beverage of choice", and watch you cook her a wonderful meal on the grill?  :wink:
Yea.... That's a good feeling. Just be sure to keep her beverage full. Her beverage being topped-up creates more smiles than empty ones do.

Bob - 24 year veteran of marriage.