Onix x-ls upgrades

mrmky

Onix x-ls upgrades
« on: 3 Oct 2016, 04:53 am »
I just got a pair of these 2nd or 3rd hand and would like to know where or how to find upgrade components for the crossover and the no Rez material. Is it just a matter of removing the crossovers and replacing the caps with better? Ski ninja is no more and I haven't had any luck on any of my other searches. Obviously I'm just starting to get my feet wet in low cost hi fi. I've played a little bit with some 3116 amps and have basic soldering skills, just not much experience. Thanks in advance for any help.

mrmky

Re: Onix x-ls upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2016, 05:24 am »

Here they are along with a couple other projects

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct 2016, 06:27 am »
Mrmky,

GR Research is where you can find No Rez and upgrade parts.

www.gr-research.com

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 4 Oct 2016, 03:16 am »
Mrmky,

GR Research is where you can find No Rez and upgrade parts.

www.gr-research.com

If you can't find what you are looking for on the website, email Danny at info@GR-Research.com.

You can just replace the caps, replace the caps and resistors, or if you really want to get into it you can replace the entire crossover network including caps, resistors and inductors. If you go this route you would point-to-point wire the crossover networks.  You can also upgrade the binding posts to tube connectors.

A number of us have build threads in Danny's circle where we show how to do the different levels of upgrades.

Mike