BDP-1/BDA-1 combo arriving on Friday

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: BDP-1/BDA-1 combo arriving on Friday
« Reply #40 on: 15 Aug 2011, 05:24 pm »
I chatted with George late last night and he's still not really listening much, just running them in.  (Thought I'd post if George doesn't see this for awhile).

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #41 on: 15 Aug 2011, 05:30 pm »
Ted nailed it.

I am just trying to get hours on the combo right now before I do any critical listening.

I will say that out of the box, it isn't quite what I heard from the fully broken in combo that was brought over to my house a few weekends ago.  This is pretty much what I expected and will just get through the hours.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #42 on: 15 Aug 2011, 09:49 pm »
Not ready to give a formal review, but I will say that things continue to improve and get closer to what I heard a few weekends ago.  I now have 75+ hours on the units and things are starting to open up and smooth out.  I will continue to run the units 24/7 and accumulate hours.

For now, I prefer the DH Labs D-110 AES/EBU over the Stereovox HDXV 75 ohm bnc-bnc, but that could always change in the coming days.   :wink:

George

werd

« Reply #43 on: 15 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm »
Not ready to give a formal review, but I will say that things continue to improve and get closer to what I heard a few weekends ago.  I now have 75+ hours on the units and things are starting to open up and smooth out.  I will continue to run the units 24/7 and accumulate hours.

For now, I prefer the DH Labs D-110 AES/EBU over the Stereovox HDXV 75 ohm bnc-bnc, but that could always change in the coming days.   :wink:

George

Hey george

You wanna try my Wywires xlr for a while ?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #44 on: 15 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm »
I prefer the DH Labs D-110 AES/EBU

Pretty hard to beat IMO. 

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #45 on: 16 Aug 2011, 12:23 am »
Hey george

You wanna try my Wywires xlr for a while ?

Lorne,

Thank you very much for the offer.

Let me get some more hours on the units and then I can figure out next steps on the cable front.

George