SP-2 development path..........

_andy_

SP-2 development path..........
« on: 13 Jun 2007, 04:40 pm »
Hello,

Regarding the SP-2, i was wondering roughly what is in the pipeline for the SP-2 as far as the next major revision....i guess i was trying to get a handle on what would come next in the development stream, a hardware revision based on the current chassis or development of an entirely new chassis/formfactor with let's say more backplane real estate etc......several years away i suspect? In general, i wonder what the average time has been between the various pre/pro hardware changes from 1.0(iirc...maybe not the
correct model number)  to 1.7 to sp2.0. Just more or less thinking out loud here....but i think ownng an 'SP' of some sort is a strong possiblity in the future.

Thx & rgds,
Andy

Phil A

Re: SP-2 development path..........
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2007, 04:45 pm »
You may wish to look at this thread:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=35196.40

James Tanner indicated
“Our next project is to look at this HDMI issue. I will report back as soon as I have any info. I know INTEL just released specs for HDMI 1.3 chips that hopefully will provide universal communication without issues.”

_andy_

Re: SP-2 development path..........
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2007, 08:36 pm »
...thx for the link, i guess i should've thought my question through more. .......of course hdmi & it's hi-rez audio would drive what direction the SP-2 goes...modified or a new chassis