B135 power cord

tcmo

B135 power cord
« on: 19 Dec 2021, 03:00 pm »
I am using the stock power cord currently.  I have borrowed various cords, all with the Furutech or Wattgate-type female connectors.  None of them fit tightly in the receptacle on the amp and they extended too far from the back of the amp into the wall behind the rack.  I am searching for a molded-end cord of "higher quality" than the stock cord.
Thank you.

thorman

Re: B135 power cord
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2021, 04:24 pm »
  Try Music Direct with one of their Shunyata ( $100 ish ) Cords...Not overly expensive and should be a world of difference compared to stock..

Jozsef

Re: B135 power cord
« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2021, 11:45 am »
I don't normally get into these things because I prefer not to hurt anyone's feelings or to come across as disrespectful but since it's Christmas, I'll be nice and maybe not offend anyone.

Depending on the particular devices that are being connected, a correct type of wire may be very simple, cheap and generic, or not. I was showing someone a cable one time which was actually better, measurably and scientifically, and not just because I was sure I heard it. The fellow in the store played a piece of music, switched cables and then played it again. There was a world of improvement and I suggested that he was obviously now sold after hearing such a massive difference, right? He calmly told me that he had not put my cable in, just played the song twice! This would have been much more embarrassing if I had not studied Physics and Physics of Music in university so I already knew that a normal human brain will interpret the input from our senses so that what we perceive makes sense. A crappy cable or improper one can never sound as good as a correct one. Thus I heard what I knew to be right, except that what I "knew" was not actually true that day. It didn't matter. We have known for decades that this is how our minds work.

In the particular case of a Bryston power cord, you will hear an improvement from a hundred dollar one unless you are blindfolded and the person changing them does not speak a word. I say this with confidence because their engineers do not fool around with anything that can possibly be replaced by something better, whatever the cost. Bryston products are priced according to the production cost of making an uncompromised device. Their boring power cord can't be improved upon, which is why it's supplied, not to save a few or many, bucks. James will tell you they have already looked into this carefully. That's what they do.

Happy holidays and buy some new music for yourself with that money.  :)