Any members here who now own Bryston Cubed amps?

NekoAudio

• Industry Participant
    • Neko Audio LLC
Re: Any members here who now own Bryston Cubed amps?
« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2016, 06:26 pm »
What I hear is a rapid succession of clicks, from around 8 to 10 or more (?), I would say.  They are very soft and resemble something like the shutter of a DSLR camera in continuous burst mode.  The duration is longer than a second, but shorter than two seconds--closer to one.  After the succession of multiple, very soft clicks, I get the "main" click, which is when the LEDs turn green.

Yes, that's what I hear as well.

techguy0192

« Reply #21 on: 23 May 2016, 02:22 am »
I have the 2.5 cubed and have had it for 4 days.  It is really smooth, open and digs up a lot of detail.  Im going single ended crystal cable piccolo's for IC's.  Im really enjoying it and honestly for the first time in years Im not even wondering about more.  I found it has brought back the excitement in my music, I did come from a power amp previous with more power as well.  Numbers and only numbers its how it sounds.

Any reason you did not jump to the 3B?  I'd love to have your feedback in the thread I started today about the 2.5B cubed.

Hikmer

« Reply #22 on: 25 Jun 2016, 06:05 pm »
I just got mine a few days ago and I would agree with pretty much everyone else...dark soundstage, less grain, full frequency audio reproduction and LOTS of juice to run my Vandersteens.  This amp goes to 11

schmidtmike76

« Reply #23 on: 25 Jun 2016, 07:28 pm »
Any reason you did not jump to the 3B?  I'd love to have your feedback in the thread I started today about the 2.5B cubed.
price I guess.  From reading here first I've read time and time again they don't make a good better best line up you just get more of it.  My focals are a easy load and honestly didn't feel the need to move up.  I put money into a Bryston bp25. 

I've listened to levels of 90db and there are no signs of strain or looking for more power and I did come from more power previous.  This amp cleans it up from top to bottom.  I couldn't be happier with the sound and punch from this amp.  FYI rated specs were 163W a side
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2016, 03:29 am by schmidtmike76 »

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #24 on: 25 Jun 2016, 10:18 pm »
I thought about getting a 14B3, and after speaking with a dealer, decided to stick with my beloved squared. I may instead get a BDA3 to replace my present one. More of a substantive u.g. than a cubed amp,  I think.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #25 on: 2 Jul 2016, 10:44 pm »
hi, CM!

your dealer recommended to keep the SST² amp instead of a B³ ?? what did he say about these two amps ?

al.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #26 on: 3 Jul 2016, 12:59 am »
hi, CM!

your dealer recommended to keep the SST² amp instead of a B³ ?? what did he say about these two amps ?

al.

al,

He wasn't negative about the 14B3 -- I bought a 14B2 from him just this year, so I was toying with a cubed "upgrade". Temporary insanity.  Also was considering a BDA-3. So, when I asked him which would be a bigger u.g.: BDA-3 or 14B3, he recommended the BDA-3 in my system. Apparently, he did not feel that, in my system, the 14B3 would be that noticeable a difference than the 14B2. I really like my 14B2, probably a lifer for me.

pete