MC setup

klh

MC setup
« on: 10 Feb 2004, 03:35 am »
Hi,

This is my first post. I'm interested in upgrading my A/V setup. I listen to music and HT about 50/50, though over the last year I've become much more interested in music and don't forsee that trend changing. Right now I'm interested in getting the Panny SA-XR 45 (or more likely the 70 and their yet to be released DVD player with HDMI) and having Wayne at Bolder Cables do his modifications. Having said that, I'm interested in getting a speaker setup that would sound good powered by that front end. I'm considering three combos: 1) three VM-30s and three 626-ribbons, 2) two Von Schwikert VR-4jrs, an lcr15 and three VR1s, or 3) one of Rick Craig's line sources (or loudspeakers such as the ones he mentioned in yesterdays post) and a center and three surrounds designed to accompany it. Obviously, many of those in this forum will be biased towards the VM-30s. Even still, would any of you tell me from experience or theory why one of those combos might be better than another? If I could just go and listen and do a direct comparison I would, but that won't be very easy to do (especially the speakers from Selah Audio).

Thanks in advance for all of your input,

klh