The MPC/Mini+ power cable...

Audioclyde

Re: The MPC/Mini+ power cable...
« Reply #20 on: 5 Jan 2011, 09:38 pm »
I plan to either trade my original in or sell to trade up  :icon_lol:!

Dave, you are the best (well one of the best at least  8))!

Randy

Audioclyde

« Reply #21 on: 30 Jan 2011, 01:00 am »
I just got my upgraded pwr cord (along with a Macsamwich) today and got 'em installed.  Run, don't walk to Dave to get this upgrade--I knew I was missing my original PI cord while Dave was doing the upgrade, but I'm telling you that this has to be the best $ spent in a long while as far as upgrades to my rig!

Great job Dave!

Thanks again,

Randy

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #22 on: 30 Jan 2011, 01:27 am »
I just got my upgraded pwr cord (along with a Macsamwich) today and got 'em installed.  Run, don't walk to Dave to get this upgrade--I knew I was missing my original PI cord while Dave was doing the upgrade, but I'm telling you that this has to be the best $ spent in a long while as far as upgrades to my rig!

Great job Dave!

Thanks again,

Randy
My pleasure, Randy.  It gets a little better with break-in, too.

Dave

jhstn58

« Reply #23 on: 10 Feb 2011, 01:11 pm »
Dave -

How do I order a cable? I cannot seem to find a link to a site that allows me to order, nor am I able to send you a PM for some reason.

Jim

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 10 Feb 2011, 01:45 pm »
Dave -

How do I order a cable? I cannot seem to find a link to a site that allows me to order, nor am I able to send you a PM for some reason.

Jim

Dave's email is dgelledges@msn.com

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #25 on: 10 Feb 2011, 03:16 pm »
Dave's email is dgelledges@msn.com
Thanks, Jason.  we hooked up.

:thumb:

Dave

tasar

« Reply #26 on: 10 Feb 2011, 05:10 pm »
And the trade up cost IS.................???

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #27 on: 10 Feb 2011, 05:25 pm »
And the trade up cost IS.................???
I guess that I should post that, huh?   :duh:     It is $100.00 plus return shipping of $12.00.  Shipping back to me is on the customer.  This charge is basically the cost of the connectors.  I don't charge for the new organic core or modifying the FI-8N Furutech connector so that it will work with the Ethernet connector on the back of the Mini.  It is basically a service to my customers.  You guys and ladies are the best!

Hit me with an email or a PM if you are interested in the whole process.

Dave

tasar

« Reply #28 on: 12 Feb 2011, 05:36 pm »
Dave......the furutech fitting on my original, fits fine next door to the ethernet cable when connected......not sure if we are talking $100 to fit new plugs only or what ?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #29 on: 12 Feb 2011, 09:44 pm »
Dave......the furutech fitting on my original, fits fine next door to the ethernet cable when connected......not sure if we are talking $100 to fit new plugs only or what ?
The MPC/Mini does not use a gold plated Furutech C7 IEC or Furutech gold plated Edison plug.  The C7 is one that I get that I have to modify for the power cable.  The Edison plug is a hand polished Wattgate.  The MPC/Mini+ has Furutech gold plated over Ohno copper copper FI-8N(G) C7 and FI-11M connectors that have a combined retail price of $104.00.  I also replace the polypropylene core  that the wire is wound around with an organic core that has almost zero dialectric absorption for better transient reponse.  Here is a picture of the MPC/Mini+ with the standard Furutech FI-8N connector next to a cable with the modified FI-8N and with the FI-11M Edison plug.

As you can see, the unmodified plug is huge in comparison.  It takes my about an hour and a half to modify the FI-8N.  Modifying the older cable to new spec is about a 2-1/2 to 3 hour job from start to finish.  The improvement in the sound is as big as the original MPC/Mini to the stock Mac power cable on a really good system.  Maybe some of the owners of the new MPC/Mini+ cable will chime in here. 8)

Dave

Audioclyde

« Reply #30 on: 12 Feb 2011, 09:54 pm »
See my posts at the top of the thread!  The MPC/Mini+ pwr cable is really, really that good (Dave, I'm starting to sound like a shill or fanboy, but I can't help it :o)!!!

Randy