Swiss Physics 6A

f575m

Swiss Physics 6A
« on: 17 Jan 2019, 06:02 pm »
Chaps,

Does anyone have a copy of the Swiss Physics model 6A schematics?

Cheers,

Horacio

« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2019, 12:05 am by f575m »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Swiss Physics 6A
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2019, 04:56 am »
Horacio,

Did you ever find the schematics for this amp? [I don't have it.]

Michael

f575m

Re: Swiss Physics 6A
« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2019, 02:10 pm »
Hi Michael,

I found Goldmund circuit diagrams which are based on the Swiss Physics schematics.

Swiss Physics was born in the mid-80s in Peseux, Switzerland, from the brain child of Ing. Mauro Del Nobile from the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne. He was an affable man who lived a difficult life, marked by tragic events. The company closed doors just as it was starting to produce the new 12A, the replacement of the superb model 6A class A power amplifier, and was overtaken by Goldmund. Reverchon of Goldmund ruined Swiss Physics and the genius behind it.

The 6A amp has four different versions, I was told that the oldest versions had a better cooling system. Ascom AG is Switzerland's largest telecommunications company in charge of liquidating SP inventory, they have quite a few amps and preamps. The price for replacement modules range from €180 to €900. As you can see in the photos almost everything is potted.

I have listened to the SP 6A and 5A combination and the sound is magic, the 6A is a pure class A, not AB switching, a 160W/Ch amplifier that runs hotter than an oven at full temp!

Horacio