orthobiz

Re: What is your main source of music?
« Reply #20 on: 18 Nov 2023, 06:26 pm »
Vinyl.

Paul

rockadanny

« Reply #21 on: 18 Nov 2023, 09:21 pm »
For me, daily = streaming via Alexa thru JBL powered monitors. But for maximum enjoyment via my main system it's CDs only.

Randy

« Reply #22 on: 18 Nov 2023, 09:24 pm »
CDs.   Got rid of all my Lps years ago and never regretted it.  Streaming is a non starter for me, too. 

WGH

« Reply #23 on: 18 Nov 2023, 10:05 pm »
I spend the most time listening to KXCI, our local community and almost free form radio station (which is celebrating their 40th Anniversary this month) via a Sony XDR-F1HD FM tuner.
When the DJ (yes, real live DJs 24/7) starts playing stuff that is too off the wall for me I switch to ripped CD's and downloaded hi-res into a HoloAudio May KTE.
No streaming for me, tried it for a year and KXCI plays are greater variety of music plus sound quality was meh.

geowak

« Reply #24 on: 18 Nov 2023, 10:19 pm »
Mostly Bluesound X (Tidal or Qobuz streaming) with a Teddy Pardo power supply and Denafrips 12th anniversary Pontus DAC. I may play CDs on a Jay's Audio CD2 MK2 to the Denafrips DAC.

bacobits1

« Reply #25 on: 18 Nov 2023, 11:14 pm »
Mostly CD via CEC TL5 into Yiggy+ LIM boards, Then vinyl and straeaming Node2 for variety new music.

Saturn94

« Reply #26 on: 18 Nov 2023, 11:15 pm »
I primarily use my Salkstream III running Roon to play local files (mostly disc rips with some downloads) and Qobuz.  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #27 on: 18 Nov 2023, 11:46 pm »
Mostly CD via CEC TL5 into Yiggy+ LIM boards, Then vinyl and straeaming Node2 for variety new music.
Love these top loading CD players, what is the Laser Transport it use?

bacobits1

« Reply #28 on: 19 Nov 2023, 12:34 am »
Japan, so it must be thier own? It has a 12oz puck on that belt drive spindle. Very nice sounding.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #29 on: 19 Nov 2023, 12:50 am »
Japan, so it must be thier own? It has a 12oz puck on that belt drive spindle. Very nice sounding.
I saw the clamp are brass 70mm wide, 330gr, but the Laser pickup info are hard to find, it could be Sony(KSS) Philips(CDM) or some DVD variant.
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2023, 08:54 am by FullRangeMan »

fado

« Reply #30 on: 19 Nov 2023, 02:08 am »
Now ~95% Qobuz via Innuos Zenith Mk3; ~4% digital files from CD's downloaded to the Innuos Zenith and older digital files purchased from HDtracks, Bandcamp etc.; ~1% CD"s on Ayon CD-07s. Qobuz just gives me so many options to discover new music plus playlists they put together with a lot of artist information. For my listening habits I cannot say one source is clearly better than another - it is always the quality of the original recording that comes through. In my system changes in the DAC and speakers make the most difference. I have had a Lampizator Amber 3+ DAC and Daedalus Appolo 11 speakers for several years and don't feel the need to change anything.

Theronbo

« Reply #31 on: 20 Nov 2023, 07:28 am »
Apple Music

Tried all the streaming services at one point … used Tidal for awhile… horrible interface… once Apple went lossless … went there.

Use YouTube quite a bit… not YouTube Music though I subscribe…. Because it’s not available on Apple TV, which is my ‘DAC’ of choice.

Do most my listing in my living/theatre room. Really enjoying switching between ‘Spatial’ & stereo recordings.

Have lots of CDs & hundreds of records… never listen to them.

Listening in the car… is kinda lame by comparison… but, I have noticed digital FM is far superior to analog…. Don’t know if that’s inherent to the technology or simply the choice of broadcasters. Still, mostly use Apple Music in the car too….

Digi-G

« Reply #32 on: 20 Nov 2023, 01:45 pm »
No streaming here, though I admit to being "streaming curious".

Mostly, FLAC files on an SSD ripped from CDs, CDs, SACD and DVD-Audio.  Oppo > Denafrips Pontus 12th > Odyssey Stratos > GR Research NX Studios & SVS sub

I've got several hundred (300-400) vinyl albums taking up space, that I'm about to get rid of.  I did revisit them about 10-15 years ago only to realize their shortcomings (again).  They just aren't for me.

vonnie123

« Reply #33 on: 21 Nov 2023, 04:57 am »
Music servers with flac, and dsf files.

Roon Nucleus Plus/Bryston BDP-2/Naim Atom Uniti

Aurender A10/ N100SC

I have CD spinners for when the internet is down.

Rocket

« Reply #34 on: 21 Nov 2023, 05:12 am »
Hi Guys,

While at home, I would say FM tuner then Vinyl then cassette, while out on the move cassette via Walkman./quote]

Your even more old fashioned than me but I listen almost exclusively to vinyl but I'd like a really high quality cassette player if I could get my hands on one.

Cheers Rod

toocool4

« Reply #35 on: 21 Nov 2023, 08:51 am »
Rocket if it ain’t broken.  :D

mcgsxr

« Reply #36 on: 21 Nov 2023, 04:07 pm »
Have around 4TB of FLAC and some hi rez.  That's for the serious sit down and actually listen sessions.

Apple music airplaying to main system or bluetooth in the car car for casual listening.

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #37 on: 21 Nov 2023, 05:55 pm »
Qobuz and Radio Paradise / LUMIN T2 / LUMIN App.  Very happy, no itch to try anything else for the time being.

It might be different if I listened to certain titles often, but my use case is geared more toward new music discovery.

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #38 on: 21 Nov 2023, 10:53 pm »
CD's in my BADA HD-22SE home system and Spotify in car