Hadcock tonearms

lazydays

Hadcock tonearms
« on: 8 Dec 2006, 06:03 pm »
anybody here using one? I'm looking to add a second tone arm to my Acoustic Signature Final Tool TT, and right now use a Graham Robin with a Denon MC cartridge (high output version). What I'd like to do is buy a mono cartridge for the Graham, and move up to a much better arm for stereo. Have also thought about the Origin as well, but have not made up my mind.
any thoughts?
gary

Arlequen

• - In Stylus Veritas -
Re: Hadcock tonearms
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2006, 11:14 am »
Very good arm .. a bit fussy to setup but pay attention to its low mass
Surely not the best choice for MC cartridge that prefer high mass arm .. like the Denon DL103 and some Benzes

lazydays

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2006, 04:48 pm »
Very good arm .. a bit fussy to setup but pay attention to its low mass
Surely not the best choice for MC cartridge that prefer high mass arm .. like the Denon DL103 and some Benzes

well I guess it's back to the drawing board. I know where a mint SME IV can be had a very right price, and then there's always the idea of picking up a Graham 2.2. Being as I have not ordered the mounting brackets, the sky's the limit here.
gary

Arlequen

• - In Stylus Veritas -
« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2006, 08:05 pm »
well I guess it's back to the drawing board. I know where a mint SME IV can be had a very right price, and then there's always the idea of picking up a Graham 2.2. Being as I have not ordered the mounting brackets, the sky's the limit here.
gary

There is the Origin Live 250 Silver Arm ..
It doesn't cost so much .. like Sme IV/V or Graham 2.2 .. but as medum high mass arm it's a very good sounding product

BobM

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2006, 08:41 pm »
I was investigating Hadcock's and Origin Live arms a while ago. I wound up buying a Moerch DP6 and not looking back. I would probably go for a UP4 over either of the other two also.

Enjoy the search - lots of options,
Bob

lazydays

« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2006, 04:20 pm »
I was investigating Hadcock's and Origin Live arms a while ago. I wound up buying a Moerch DP6 and not looking back. I would probably go for a UP4 over either of the other two also.

Enjoy the search - lots of options,
Bob

I see a lot of their arms on Audiogon, but know very little about them. I'm planning on replacing the Denon MC cartride when I change out the arm. Right now I'm thinking that I'll just go with a Grado. I've never had a bad one thru the years and I've owned many. Still the Sumiko Blackbird is on my list for a listen.
gary