best and easiest way to protect copper from oxidation?

Photon46

Re: best and easiest way to protect copper from oxidation?
« Reply #20 on: 9 Feb 2015, 10:56 am »
Remember to keep that shiny new copper center weight wrapped up tight and keep it away from the atmosphere, otherwise it will start oxidizing before your coating supplies arrive. Copper oxidizes VERY fast when exposed to oxygen and that deeply grooved exterior is going to be difficult to repolish and clean thoroughly. That's a nice looking weight, I've been tempted to try one like that myself.

Wayner

« Reply #21 on: 9 Feb 2015, 12:59 pm »
Transpárent varnish or anodizing.

The only way copper can be anodized (as far as I know) is if it is alloyed with aluminum. I believe Sonny's weight (beautiful BTW), is made from pure copper......

Wayner

watercourse

« Reply #22 on: 10 Feb 2015, 03:10 pm »
I'm going to suggest using your extra bacon grease again Sonny. Lubricates and protects against oxidation. Just be careful handling it. ;-)

Sonny

« Reply #23 on: 10 Feb 2015, 03:37 pm »
I'm going to suggest using your extra bacon grease again Sonny. Lubricates and protects against oxidation. Just be careful handling it. ;-)

You know Wilson, that can't be good for the cartridge!

watercourse

« Reply #24 on: 10 Feb 2015, 06:18 pm »
No, but the mouth-watering smell of bacon should make listening to your table that much better, at least before too many accidents prevent you from listening any more  :thumb:

*Scotty*

« Reply #25 on: 10 Feb 2015, 08:30 pm »
Cosmoline, there is no substitute. :lol:
Scotty