HT1 Stands

jflores

HT1 Stands
« on: 4 Jan 2006, 01:53 am »
Can anyone recommend a good stand to hold HT1s? Preferably stylish, but sturdy would be the main thing.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
HT1 Stands
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2006, 02:19 am »
How about ask Jim to make a pair?

Does this mean you are thinking og going HT1 + sub?

George

jflores

HT1 Stands
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2006, 02:29 am »
Quote from: zybar
How about ask Jim to make a pair?

Does this mean you are thinking on going HT1 + sub?

George

I have talked with Jim via email at length. His knowledge is incredible. It seems every 5 minutes I change my mind on what I would like to do, get the HT3's or HT1's up front, subs, no subs...so many options to achieve a sound. His thought, also shared by a poster in my other thread, is that I could start out with some HT1 LR mains, and based on my listening experience, either upgrade towards an all HT1 + sub. Or take the HT1 mains, shift them to the rears, and order some HT3's.

As far as stands go, he said he can make me some, but they require a lot of manpower (and hence expense) to build. He said he typically discourages people from having him build stands in favor of a some excellent commercially available options. But I love the all wood custom look, so I'm really considering having him make some for any HT1's I might order. If I can't find any commercial stands I like, I will have him make a custom set.

Papajin

HT1 Stands
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2006, 08:26 am »
I'm actually kinda stuck here as well.  I've got HT1's hopefully coming in the near future, but still haven't purchased stands as of yet after having looked around a fair bit.  I've just had some trouble finding something I really liked.  I liked some Atlantis Pro stands that were reasonably priced, but I can't find them in black in the 28" size, and I don't care for the "platinum" color.

jflores

HT1 Stands
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2006, 11:16 am »
Quote from: Papajin
I'm actually kinda stuck here as well.  I've got HT1's hopefully coming in the near future, but still haven't purchased stands as of yet after having looking around a fair bit.  I've just had some trouble finding something I really liked.  I liked some Atlantis Pro stands that were reasonably priced, but I can't find them in black in the 28" size, and I don't care for the "platinum" color.

I found a place that does carry the 20" and 28" black for $65 a pair (you can pick via the little dropdown menu at the top). I don't know if that is higher or lower than you expected, but its what I could find quickly before work.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=ATLPRO20B&product_name=Pro%20Speaker%20Stand,%20Pair

Marbles

HT1 Stands
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2006, 02:58 pm »
I don't know of a stand that would look nearly as good as a matching stand from Jim.

If you did find one, it would most likely be in the $600 range.  I thought I saw a stand around that from Usher.

http://www.sekei.com/ has a very nice pair, but you have to call for pricing.

Go to speakers and under Jungson, click on BD Monitor Stand.

I still think that by the time you buy NICE stands you could have HT3's...

Papajin

HT1 Stands
« Reply #6 on: 4 Jan 2006, 09:41 pm »
I found a place that does carry the 20" and 28" black for $65 a pair (you can pick via the little dropdown menu at the top). I don't know if that is higher or lower than you expected, but its what I could find quickly before work.

Unfortunately Audio Advisor doesn't carry the black in 28".  It's in the menu, but if you select that combo and hit the refresh button, it always says the product isn't available.

I still think that by the time you buy NICE stands you could have HT3's...

Speaking for myself, I'm getting HT3's for the fronts, and sealed HT1's for the rears.  HT3's all around would be nice, but kinda overkill.  Plus the difference in price is about $1700... that would get you some nice-ass stands for the HT1's!  Besides, it's more than likely too late for me to change my order at this late date, even if I did want to. :)

Marbles

HT1 Stands
« Reply #7 on: 4 Jan 2006, 10:17 pm »
HT3's would be overkill for the surrounds.  Sounds like you will have a superior HT system.

Good luck with the stands.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
HT1 Stands
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jan 2006, 10:32 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
HT3's would be overkill for the surrounds.

Guess I won't try that when I buy my next pair...   :lol:  :lol:

George

Marbles

HT1 Stands
« Reply #9 on: 4 Jan 2006, 10:57 pm »
I just spoke to Andrew and www.sekei.com and he said those stands are about $200 including shipping.  That seems pretty reasonable to me.

The top plate is 8" wide x 9.5" deep.  It is wood and another to match the HT1 can probably be made easily by Jim.