Is there a PowerPac 150 SST

ec

« on: 8 Feb 2004, 05:50 am »
If I recall, James Tanner sent out a mailer a month or so ago stating that Bryston announced a PP 150 SST.  Was I dreaming or on drugs?  I can only find references to the PP 120 that is based off the 3B ST on their web site.  I just picked up the 3B SST and want a matched amp for my centre channel.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2004, 12:46 pm »
HI Eric,

No I think I was the one confused not you.
The PP150 became the PP120 SST because we wanted to keep the size of the chassis the same as the old PP120. The reason is that a lot of people mount the PPacks on the rear of the PMC speakers and keeping the physical demensions the same was important.
Therefore the heatsink could not be made large enough to output 150 watts so we stayed with a 120 watt rating. The PP120SST although rated at 120 is really putting out about 145 - 150.

james

ec

« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2004, 02:46 pm »
James,  

Thanks for the quick response.  To stay on the drug theme  :D  Now that I got the 3B SST, I am totally hooked.  My other 5 PMC speakers are craving for the same "stuff" and will soon be going through withdrawl if they don't get the same SST amplification.  Expensive habit this is  :P

I will check with my dealer in a few weeks regarding the PP 120's or may look into a 9B SST as an alternative.