Daedalus Da-RMa's For Sale !SOLD!

HiFidFan

Daedalus Da-RMa's For Sale !SOLD!
« on: 1 Feb 2018, 04:36 pm »
After much deliberation, I've decided to offer my DA-RMa's for sale.

I recently moved to a new house and unfortunately I just cant seem to get these to sound cohesive in their new space.  Basically they're now in an open floorplan area with cathedral (20ft) ceilings and against a glass wall with a fireplace right in the middle (basically about the worst environment possible).  For the last 6 weeks I've tried everything; on their stands, directly on the floor, on isolation pads, all sorts of positioning (within the room's limits) swapped cables, etc.  And as good as I can get them to sound, I know what they're capable of, and I just can't get them to that level in this new space.  I've spoken to Lou and it seems that they're basically mismatched in this 'room' and overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the space, so I'll need to look at something larger or with a front firing ports to help negate the soul sucking wall that they're up against, it looks like a pair of Muse or maybe Argos are in my future.

I bought these speakers in December of 2010 from David Abramson who did a review of them in StereoTimes http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/daedalus-audio-darma-loudspeakers, these are the exact speakers that he reviewed.  They are currently as I bought them save for upgraded woofer trim rings that I bought from Lou a couple of years ago.  They are in almost pristine condition with only a few very modest nits and picks from being moved, but I will tell you these are a particularly gorgeous walnut pair.  WAF factor is VERY high with these.  I have the original matching walnut stands as well and are included with the speakers.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Many thanks to Lou @ Daedalus for his assistance!

Serial # 47a

Serial # 47b

« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2018, 10:37 pm by HiFidFan »

jonbee

Re: Daedalus Da-RMa's For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2018, 03:28 am »
Gorgeous, and a drop dead bargain. In my medium size room my RMa v2s were stunning. Very sensitive, too.

asliarun

« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb 2018, 06:07 pm »
Be still, my beating heart.

HiFidFan

« Reply #3 on: 2 Feb 2018, 09:15 pm »
SOLD SOLD SOLD

dburna

Re: Daedalus Da-RMa's For Sale !SOLD!
« Reply #4 on: 2 Feb 2018, 11:23 pm »
That didn't take long......even in this frigid audio selling climate.

Congrats on the sale.  I'm sure that you made someone VERY happy.

-dGB