Logitech Squeezebox

stc4life

Logitech Squeezebox
« on: 1 Mar 2010, 03:25 pm »
Hi,
I know the Squeezebox is pretty popular around here, so I thought I would pass this deal along.  Under 190 for a brand new unit.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1894066&referrerid=0

Charlie

divisionbell77

Re: Logitech Squeezebox
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2010, 03:57 pm »
very, very good price.

Stylus

« Reply #2 on: 1 Mar 2010, 04:03 pm »
I was holding out for a Touch, but screw it, too good of deal.  Ordered!

Thanks for the heads up!!!  :D

Don_S

« Reply #3 on: 1 Mar 2010, 04:06 pm »
Do Squeezeboxes only work with Salk speakers?  :scratch:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=168.0

coke

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2010, 04:10 pm »
I got a duet for $230 shipped a few weeks ago.  I used the link + code in the sweet deals linked above.  Apparently I should have waited :(

stc4life

« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2010, 04:21 pm »

Sorry, I don't frequent any other AC sub-forums...

divisionbell77

« Reply #6 on: 1 Mar 2010, 04:23 pm »
I was holding out for a Touch, but screw it, too good of deal.  Ordered!

Thanks for the heads up!!!  :D

They delayed it yet again.  Earliest ETA is April or May.  I am thinking the Touch has a serious software or hardware issue.

I have a duet and it works well.  Every now and then the remote will lose connection to the wifi and you have to wait for it to connect to change songs.  Also, every now and then, it will all of a sudden skip to the next song for no apparent reason.  It is all the remote, not the base unit, that does it.

You would think that by now Logitech would have gotten those bugs out, but haven't.

Even with the random issues(few and far between when they do happen), it is an excellent product for music streaming.

divisionbell77

« Reply #7 on: 1 Mar 2010, 04:25 pm »

Is there a rule that says this can not be posted in the Salk speakers forum? :scratch:

taoggniklat

« Reply #8 on: 1 Mar 2010, 05:40 pm »
well that is too good to pass up! thanks

Nuance

« Reply #9 on: 1 Mar 2010, 05:58 pm »
They delayed it yet again.  Earliest ETA is April or May.  I am thinking the Touch has a serious software or hardware issue.

I have a duet and it works well.  Every now and then the remote will lose connection to the wifi and you have to wait for it to connect to change songs.  Also, every now and then, it will all of a sudden skip to the next song for no apparent reason.  It is all the remote, not the base unit, that does it.

You would think that by now Logitech would have gotten those bugs out, but haven't.

Even with the random issues(few and far between when they do happen), it is an excellent product for music streaming.

Really?  That's odd.  Mine never does that.  How far away is your server computer from the sound system?

Nuance

« Reply #10 on: 1 Mar 2010, 06:00 pm »
That is a fantastic deal.  I love my SB.

Really?  That's odd; mine never does that.  How far away is the music server from the audio system?  It could just be a wireless signal issue.

sirbrine

« Reply #11 on: 1 Mar 2010, 06:16 pm »
This is good timing.  I have been considering a Squeezebox to go with my new Songtowers when they arrive.

I just placed the order but don't have a confirmation back yet...it just says "Order Submitted".

divisionbell77

« Reply #12 on: 1 Mar 2010, 06:40 pm »
Really?  That's odd.  Mine never does that.  How far away is your server computer from the sound system?

It is a known issue and is specifically the remote's wireless.

I do use a dedicated server, 100% 1 GB wired connection(I wired the house, I am actually in the IT field).  Business class wireless G router is directly above living room and remote gets a perfect connection.

sirbrine

« Reply #13 on: 1 Mar 2010, 07:02 pm »
My order has now been confirmed.

revrob

« Reply #14 on: 1 Mar 2010, 07:34 pm »
Just ordered one. Thanks.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #15 on: 1 Mar 2010, 08:02 pm »
Is there a rule that says this can not be posted in the Salk speakers forum? :scratch:

I will give my opinion on this :)

The intent on AC is that General Audio, Starting Block, The Pub, and other general circles are for questions and discussions that involve and interest EVERYONE.

Then there are circles for general areas such as music, movies, Home Theater, Discless (i.e. digital media vs LPs or CDs) and an Apple circle. EVERYONE is interested in these issues.

Therefore the Squeezbox and its ilk would go into Discless, and if it was with Apple setups, it might go in the Apple Core circle.

Since a Squeezebox is not used with a particular brand or type of audio system, or a type of PC, it should probably go in the Discless circle.

If we DON'T do things this way we get some problematic situations - duplication of information, confusion, and possibly lack of unity on Audio Circle.

Nuance

« Reply #16 on: 1 Mar 2010, 09:03 pm »

I do use a dedicated server, 100% 1 GB wired connection(I wired the house, I am actually in the IT field).  Business class wireless G router is directly above living room and remote gets a perfect connection.

Bummer - sorry to hear man.  Hopefully Logitech fixes that asap. 

Nuance

« Reply #17 on: 1 Mar 2010, 09:06 pm »
I will give my opinion on this :)

The intent on AC is that General Audio, Starting Block, The Pub, and other general circles are for questions and discussions that involve and interest EVERYONE.

Then there are circles for general areas such as music, movies, Home Theater, Discless (i.e. digital media vs LPs or CDs) and an Apple circle. EVERYONE is interested in these issues.

Therefore the Squeezbox and its ilk would go into Discless, and if it was with Apple setups, it might go in the Apple Core circle.

Since a Squeezebox is not used with a particular brand or type of audio system, or a type of PC, it should probably go in the Discless circle.

If we DON'T do things this way we get some problematic situations - duplication of information, confusion, and possibly lack of unity on Audio Circle.

Done.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78458.new#new

firedog

« Reply #18 on: 1 Mar 2010, 11:41 pm »

I solved almost all wireless problems with the Duet by giving the 2 Duet pieces and the server  permanent network IP addresses matched to the devices' MAC addresses. Apparently this makes it easier for the various devices to connect up. Got the idea from the SD forum.

Nuance

« Reply #19 on: 1 Mar 2010, 11:47 pm »
^ That's what I did too; guess that explains my lack of problems.