Vapor Audio Aurora in Pearl White

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Vapor Audio Aurora in Pearl White
« on: 29 Sep 2013, 10:03 pm »
Completed, and to be delivered to their new owner tomorrow ... enjoy!

maxboy00

Re: Vapor Audio Aurora in Pearl White
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2013, 10:41 pm »
Very nice looking speaker, is the finish standard? I did not see any listed options on your web site. If I just didn't pick-up a pair of speakers I would be tempted to look onto theses further after reading the specs. And why? do your speakers have no grills?

rave959

« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2013, 11:05 pm »
Very cool looking speakers!  Do you happen to have any off-axis measurements or polar response plots?  Thank you.

:thumb:
Cheers,
Ian

persisting1

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2013, 11:59 pm »
Impressive  :drool:

EdRo

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2013, 12:06 am »
wow. Those look GREAT, Ryan!!!  :green: I wish I had a set!  :o

WireNut

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2013, 12:11 am »
Either the rear or bottom must be removable in order to mount the drivers behind the baffle  :scratch:

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2013, 12:14 am »
Either the rear or bottom must be removable in order to mount the drivers behind the baffle  :scratch:

Just pull the screws from the baffle/waveguide to remove the drivers. :slap: :)

WireNut

« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2013, 01:20 am »
Just pull the screws from the baffle/waveguide to remove the drivers. :slap: :)

To me it looks like the flange of the drivers are mounted at the rear of the front baffle. Which would mean its not possible to remove them from the front  :?:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #8 on: 30 Sep 2013, 01:43 am »
- Remove the exposed eight black screws from the face of the front baffle.
- Pull the front baffle from the enclosure, thereby exposing the 'innards'.
- Remove the screws holding the driver to the newly exposed rear of the front baffle.
- Reverse to reassemble.
- Make sure you don't have any parts left over.

WireNut

« Reply #9 on: 30 Sep 2013, 02:22 am »
I see it now based on the build thread below:
The front baffle is 2 layers of wood with the first layer being removable exposing the drivers/flange.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?224110-MiniByzy-%28Mini-Byzantium%29-Build-Thread/page5

targa02

« Reply #10 on: 30 Sep 2013, 05:40 am »
Beautiful!!  I love this look.

harley52

« Reply #11 on: 30 Sep 2013, 09:46 pm »
Even I, the owner of those speakers, wasn't sure they would look that good. I thought they would look good but, they look awesome Ryan. The extra cost was/is well worth every penny. My p-u broke down on my way to meet Ryan this morning, but I'm gonna try a reset for Wednesday.

When I saw the MBL's in white that's when I feel hard for it. Then I saw Ed had painted the baffle of his pr., I guess they were his pair, I knew that was the shade of white I wanted. To see the color looks like a mother of pearl white. To me the color/shade of white appears to just be hovering above the surface of the speaker. Wayyy cool. They also look sexy to me. :thumb:

Great looking speakers always, well almost always, sound amazingly superb to black colors. Great colors to me are pearl white and candy apple red with silver base or the gold base, does it for me. :D :D

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #12 on: 30 Sep 2013, 10:16 pm »
Ryan those sure look beautiful!

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2013, 11:20 pm »
Gorgeous!

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #14 on: 1 Oct 2013, 02:23 am »
Even I, the owner of those speakers, wasn't sure they would look that good. I thought they would look good but, they look awesome Ryan. The extra cost was/is well worth every penny. My p-u broke down on my way to meet Ryan this morning, but I'm gonna try a reset for Wednesday.

When I saw the MBL's in white that's when I feel hard for it. Then I saw Ed had painted the baffle of his pr., I guess they were his pair, I knew that was the shade of white I wanted. To see the color looks like a mother of pearl white. To me the color/shade of white appears to just be hovering above the surface of the speaker. Wayyy cool. They also look sexy to me. :thumb:

Great looking speakers always, well almost always, sound amazingly superb to black colors. Great colors to me are pearl white and candy apple red with silver base or the gold base, does it for me. :D :D

They are stunning for sure.  What really got me though was when we first powered them up.  You heard the original pair when you visited a couple months back.  That pair used an "immature" cabinet design which didn't include the "inversion layer" that is featured in all our cabinets.  These cabinets are fully "layered" and the result is so obvious.  These are without a doubt the best sounding Auroras to date.  The addition of the inversion layer is most easily heard in the fleshed out midrange due to the complete lack of any cabinet contribution to the sound.

I can't wait to hear what you have to say once you've powered them up.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #15 on: 1 Oct 2013, 04:25 am »
Very cool looking speakers!  Do you happen to have any off-axis measurements or polar response plots?  Thank you.

:thumb:
Cheers,
Ian

We did take a minimal set of off axis plots.  0, 22.5, 45.  They are very uniform as we expected, and very much mirror the original prototype using a 28mm soft dome.

Here's the on axis, and then a set of off axis plots of the original.

wisnon

« Reply #16 on: 1 Oct 2013, 02:21 pm »
What do they cost?

rave959

« Reply #17 on: 1 Oct 2013, 03:12 pm »
We did take a minimal set of off axis plots.  0, 22.5, 45.  They are very uniform as we expected, and very much mirror the original prototype using a 28mm soft dome.

Here's the on axis, and then a set of off axis plots of the original.

Thank you for providing the measurements.  Very nice!   :thumb:

Ian

sturgus

« Reply #18 on: 1 Oct 2013, 05:54 pm »
Ryan, those babies are kick ass.  :drool:

roscoeiii

« Reply #19 on: 1 Oct 2013, 06:30 pm »
Great looking plots. Were they taken in the same space? If so, I am assuming that the dip at ~200Hz is room related?