Breeze tour has begun!

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Breeze tour has begun!
« on: 1 Apr 2013, 10:20 pm »
They are now in Blackmore's house, making sweet tunes.  2 weeks and off to the first out of town stop.

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
Re: Breeze tour has begun!
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2013, 02:58 pm »
It would be cool to see all the listening rooms as these go on tour, maybe everyone can take a picture of the Breeze in their room when they receive them.  It would be cool to see picks of all of the cool different rooms.  Maybe this thread can track that.

bside123

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2013, 03:13 pm »
They are now in Blackmore's house, making sweet tunes.  2 weeks and off to the first out of town stop.

Mark... have you considered joining a 12-step program?  :o

Blackmore

« Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2013, 04:55 pm »
Hey Din, I'm pretty sure a 12 step program is much too short for my problems.   :lol:  The picture idea is great and I'll add some more later when I get done with my portion of the tour. 

sharpsuxx

« Reply #4 on: 4 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm »
Awesome, where are you located blackmore.  I would love to hear your room.  That is your room right?

Blackmore

« Reply #5 on: 4 Apr 2013, 01:01 pm »
I'm way out west in Wright City.  PM me if you have some free time. 

sharpsuxx

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2013, 06:43 pm »
that isn't too far, I'll have to make a Saturday of it sometime.  I'll PM you, I'll bring my Cirrus out when I get them back.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2013, 07:38 pm by sharpsuxx »

ejfud

« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2013, 11:05 pm »
They have landed in Minnie, just beating the impending snowmageddon. Here's a crappy picture of them in the room.

System at the moment is Ghent IcePower amp, Slagle Autoformer volume and Tjoeb Ah! CD player. Will bring out my F5 monoblocks for a try in a few days.

Could the box be any heavier?!

smargo

« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2013, 02:02 pm »
They have landed in Minnie, just beating the impending snowmageddon. Here's a crappy picture of them in the room.

System at the moment is Ghent IcePower amp, Slagle Autoformer volume and Tjoeb Ah! CD player. Will bring out my F5 monoblocks for a try in a few days.

Could the box be any heavier?!

the tjoeb ah cd player scares me - is it really up to snuff in 2013? - i hope this review isnt tainted by ah tjoeb

roscoeiii

« Reply #9 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:46 pm »
the tjoeb ah cd player scares me - is it really up to snuff in 2013? - i hope this review isnt tainted by ah tjoeb

C'mon... Tainted review? It is a CD player that the reviewer likes, and well within the price points of a likely purchaser of the Breeze. We will get impressions of what the Breeze can do with some interesting amplification (looking forward to your impressions of the F5s with these, BTW), and likely get comparisons to other speakers with the same front end combos (assuming other speakers on hand are suited to the F5s).

Can we please not put down other ACers gear? We chooses what we likes and what we can afford.

You will be able to give your impressions based on the gear you have chosen for your system in due time.

smargo

« Reply #10 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:03 pm »
C'mon... Tainted review? It is a CD player that the reviewer likes, and well within the price points of a likely purchaser of the Breeze. We will get impressions of what the Breeze can do with some interesting amplification (looking forward to your impressions of the F5s with these, BTW), and likely get comparisons to other speakers with the same front end combos (assuming other speakers on hand are suited to the F5s).

Can we please not put down other ACers gear? We chooses what we likes and what we can afford.

You will be able to give your impressions based on the gear you have chosen for your system in due time.

Not dissin other peoples equipment - but if that is the only source for music and it was all the rave from 2000 - 2005 - then i think it is crucial to the outcome
unless the cd player was upgraded within the last 2-3 years

how would you feel if i told you that im using an (realistic amp from radio shack circa 1975 and a marantz cd player circa 1987) - i think reviews should only be done with equip that is sort of up to date - at least within the last 2-3 years for a cd player and longer for a turntable

fiveoclockfriday

« Reply #11 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:20 pm »
Not everyone has a $$$ system or the most updated gear; to me that's why something like this is a valuable complement to magazine and website reviews. Pro reviewers have systems and rooms out of my reach, but I love to hear from actual music lovers like me with modest but good sounding gear. I would find it less relevant if all the systems were state of the art.

roscoeiii

« Reply #12 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:27 pm »
Not dissin other peoples equipment - but if that is the only source for music and it was all the rave from 2000 - 2005 - then i think it is crucial to the outcome
unless the cd player was upgraded within the last 2-3 years

how would you feel if i told you that im using an (realistic amp from radio shack circa 1975 and a marantz cd player circa 1987) - i think reviews should only be done with equip that is sort of up to date - at least within the last 2-3 years for a cd player and longer for a turntable

I will leave it to you to give us an account with more recent equipment.

Let's just not put down the gear of others. Which you certainly seem to be doing when you write "the tjoeb ah cd player scares me - is it really up to snuff in 2013? - i hope this review isnt tainted by ah tjoeb" How else are we supposed to interpret this?

These are not professional reviews, but accounts based on the gear at hand. Gear which I assume to be fairly carefully chosen, since we are all on an audiophile forum here.

And beyond, that, this is a model that got many very good reviews in the early 2000s. Is there possibly better gear for the price now? Maybe. Does this model seem hopelessly outdated? Nope. Here are Stereophile's measurements of a Tjoeb Ah CD player. They can perhaps be compared to the measurements of more recent CD players measured by Stereophile, if one is so inclined:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/ah-njoe-tjoeb-4000-cd-player-measurements

But I trust that ejfud has found a source whose sonic signature he likes, and perhaps we should leave it at that.

sharpsuxx

« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:34 pm »
Wow, really glad I don't live on a planet where if my gear is over 3 years old it doesn't sound good anymore.  That would be rough, and expensive.  Every time I finished updating my system I would have to start over again.

neekomax

« Reply #14 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:34 pm »

Hey man, there's like 30 people or something on the tour. If you want to discount some of our listening impressions based on your own gear snobbery, that's fine. There will be surely some reviewers whose systems meet your lofty standards, I trust, and you can just skip to those parts.

:roll:

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #15 on: 16 Apr 2013, 01:24 am »
Not to worry.  I'm absolutely confident that no matter what source gear is used, be it music server, CD, or turntable, that the Breeze will deliver sound that will astonish the listener and make them think that they've upgraded every component in their system.   :green:

smargo

« Reply #16 on: 16 Apr 2013, 11:47 am »
Wow, really glad I don't live on a planet where if my gear is over 3 years old it doesn't sound good anymore.  That would be rough, and expensive.  Every time I finished updating my system I would have to start over again.

didnt say gear should be over 3 years old - just honing in on cd player specifically - the way digital is advancing every 2 months - not sure i would want my speakers reviewed with a cd player that is 10 years old!

smargo

« Reply #17 on: 16 Apr 2013, 11:51 am »
Not to worry.  I'm absolutely confident that no matter what source gear is used, be it music server, CD, or turntable, that the Breeze will deliver sound that will astonish the listener and make them think that they've upgraded every component in their system.   :green:

not focusing in on what source someone should use - im just saying that a cd player that is 10 years old might be an issue

ken

« Reply #18 on: 18 Apr 2013, 11:20 pm »
I'm starting to become a little concerned now that my cd player may be almost 8 years old now :lol:.  (bought it used so I'm really not sure though)  I hope you're only refering to older sources as there's alot of fine vintage amps out there

smargo

« Reply #19 on: 20 Apr 2013, 03:47 am »
I'm starting to become a little concerned now that my cd player may be almost 8 years old now :lol:.  (bought it used so I'm really not sure though)  I hope you're only refering to older sources as there's alot of fine vintage amps out there

im really only talking about a cd player that is about 10 years old - not anything else in the system - does everyone get it now?

i dont have a $100,000 system either - maybe 4-5 grand worth - but i have changed cd players abut 10 times over the last 20 years