Allowed to post FS items in regional thread?: PICK UP ONLY SPEAKERS?

khill

Just wondering if this is "LEGAL"? I have some VERY LARGE speakers that cannot be shipped so thought I would ask?

FredT300B

• Facilitator
Does anybody know the answer to this question? I don't.

displayname

I don't know the formal answer, but I would think the most appropriate thing to do would be to post the item in the normal Trading Post section with notes about how the item is for local pickup only. Then you can share the post in the regional thread. That's my best guess. Worst case is an admin corrects you right? I'd imagine if you are established and in good standing you should be fine. You're already going above and beyond just by asking.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
I've seen it done before, someone post their speakers for sale in the Salk thread and Jim selling for customers in his thread.

adminRH

• Admin
displayname has it correct. Please post in the Trading Post Speakers Circle so everybody will see it.
You never know who is willing to drive cross country on a speaker pilgrimage. 

Also, read this before posting in Trading Post: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=50200.0

There is no rule (yet) against linking your ad in a regional circle thread for a good reason like yours, but that could change. As with any new post, facilitators and admins decide case by case.

Good luck with your sale.