DA-RMa's for Sale SOLD!

HiFidFan

DA-RMa's for Sale SOLD!
« on: 12 Jan 2018, 11:41 pm »
First let me say that Lou is aware of this for sale post.  Now then...

After much deliberation, I've decided to offer my DA-RMa's for sale.

I recently moved to a new house and unfortunately I just cant seem to get these to sound cohesive in their new space.  Basically they're now in an open floorplan area with cathedral (20ft) ceilings and against a glass wall with a fireplace right in the middle (basically about the worst environment possible).  For the last 6 weeks I've tried everything; on their stands, directly on the floor, on isolation pads, all sorts of positioning (within the room's limits) swapped cables, etc.  And as good as I can get them to sound, I know what they're capable of, and I just can't get them to that level in this new space.  I've spoken to Lou and it seems that they're basically mismatched in this 'room' and overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the space, so I'll need to look at something larger or with a front firing ports to help negate the soul sucking wall that they're up against, it looks like a pair of Muse or maybe Argos are in my future.

I bought these speakers in December of 2010 from David Abramson who did a review of them in StereoTimes http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/daedalus-audio-darma-loudspeakers, these are the exact speakers that he reviewed.  They are currently as I bought them save for upgraded woofer trim rings that I bought from Lou a couple of years ago.  They are in almost pristine condition with only a few very modest nits and picks from being moved, but I will tell you these are a particularly gorgeous walnut pair.  WAF factor is VERY high with these.  I have the original matching walnut stands as well and are included with the speakers.

I will post pics this weekend, but in the meantime here is a video I posted recently of the DA-RMa's  in action...  https://youtu.be/vV8oVbr_sV0

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Many thanks to Lou for his assistance!

Serial #47a

Serial #47b

« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2018, 10:36 pm by HiFidFan »

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: DA-RMa's for Sale
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2018, 04:16 am »
First of all good luck with the sale.

I would also mention that items for sale should be posted at the trading post.   This area is for discussion of products and info for the product of the circle.

It is also common to get the approval of the circle host to post items for sale.

Alan

HiFidFan

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2018, 05:15 am »
First of all good luck with the sale.

I would also mention that items 'for sale' should be posted at the trading post.   This area is for discussion of products and info for the product of the circle.

It is also common to get the approval of the circle host to post items for sale.

Alan

Thanks Alan,  Lou is aware of my 'for sale' post as we discussed it.  I've edited the OP letting others know.  Also, I'll add these to the Trading Post as soon as I get some pics to post.

Cheers,

Brett

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2018, 06:19 am »
Brett did call me and we discussed his situation. :thumb:
His DA-Rma will be a great for someone with a smaller room. Anything I can do to help, I will.

HiFidFan

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2018, 05:43 pm »
Thanks Lou!

MegaHz

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2018, 09:37 pm »
HiFidFan- 

Whoa there.  Before you go about selling the DA-RMa's and buying new speakers on the guess that you will like the sound better in your new space, I would encourage you to get an acoustical consultant to help with this challenging room.  That's your critical first step. 

Its a simple proposition for you to take some actual test recordings from the room and have those analyzed to determine an effective strategy to getting a stellar acoustic environment.  Otherwise, I fear you will be draining a lot of cash on speaker and cable swapping and still never getting the sound you love.  To do this affordably, Jeff Hedback has worked wonders for many.  I am sure there are others as well but don't dump and run here.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2018, 02:59 am »
Brett,

You've had a PM for several days now. Hint, hint. :D

Michael

HiFidFan

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2018, 08:58 pm »
Brett,

You've had a PM for several days now. Hint, hint. :D

Michael

I replied to your PM days ago.  Did you not get it?

HiFidFan

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2018, 09:02 pm »
OK, so I've got a some PM requests for pics.  I intended to take some last weekend but the lighting in my living room was causing terrible issues.  So I wanted to take the speakers out to my patio for better/more even lighting and we got hit with pretty bad weather which has delayed me.  I'll get pics up just as soon as I can, in the next couple days hopefully.  Thanks for your patience.

Carl V

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jan 2018, 11:26 pm »
have these been updated with a version 2 componentry?
or is that even a possibility?
I understand it has the Woofer rings.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #10 on: 17 Jan 2018, 11:46 pm »
I replied to your PM days ago.  Did you not get it?

I have not received your PM, Brett. My inbox is not full either. Check your 'sent messages' box to see if it is there. Then, resend it making certain my member name is in the 'send to' header.

Thanks,

Michael

HiFidFan

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2018, 12:27 am »
I have not received your PM, Brett. My inbox is not full either. Check your 'sent messages' box to see if it is there. Then, resend it making certain my member name is in the 'send to' header.

Thanks,

Michael

PM sent

HiFidFan

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jan 2018, 12:29 am »
have these been updated with a version 2 componentry?
or is that even a possibility?
I understand it has the Woofer rings.

Carl, these have no upgrades save for the trim rings.  According to Lou they can be upgraded to 'V2 status'

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2018, 05:44 pm »
Carl, these have no upgrades save for the trim rings.  According to Lou they can be upgraded to 'V2 status'

I talked with Lou last week about Daedalus speakers and asked about the V2 upgrades for the DA-RMAs and even though it’s something that could be done, he said it would be cost prohibitive. Evidently, it’s “ship in a bottle”  time consuming work and it’s not something he’d recommend. Nor is it something he’d look forward to doing. Still, awfully nice speakers even without the V2 upgrade.

genjamon

« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2018, 05:59 pm »
Yeah, I have V2 DA-RMa's, and I think they're one of only a couple Lou has ever done.  Before he came to his senses and started telling people he won't do the upgrades anymore on them.  I bought them from a previous owner who had been able to coax Lou into the upgrades.  But after I bought them, the new woofer driver came out and I was interested in that upgrade.  Lou discouraged me from doing so based on effort/cost to benefit ratio.  Now that there's a new tweeter, I'm doubly interested and curious if the effort/cost to benefit ratio might be justifiable, since both woofer and tweeter upgrades require crossover work.  It's sounding like Lou would really advocate for upgrading to a more contemporary offering in Lou's line though.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2018, 07:29 pm »
Yeah, I have V2 DA-RMa's, and I think they're one of only a couple Lou has ever done.  Before he came to his senses and started telling people he won't do the upgrades anymore on them.  I bought them from a previous owner who had been able to coax Lou into the upgrades.  But after I bought them, the new woofer driver came out and I was interested in that upgrade.  Lou discouraged me from doing so based on effort/cost to benefit ratio.  Now that there's a new tweeter, I'm doubly interested and curious if the effort/cost to benefit ratio might be justifiable, since both woofer and tweeter upgrades require crossover work.  It's sounding like Lou would really advocate for upgrading to a more contemporary offering in Lou's line though.

There have been many upgrades and by the time you factor in the cost of the upgrades. shipping and extra labor for "the ship in a bottle" work, I think that most would be better served with moving to a new or newer set of the Muse, Muse studio or Athena. The DA-Rma is a fine speaker and are great for the price range they go for, but when you start adding thousands of dollars of upgrades I think moving to a newer model makes much more sense. That being said we can do some of the upgrades on these... if you ask really nicely. :)

genjamon

« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2018, 09:10 pm »
Thanks for the clarification, Lou.  Wasn't trying to jab at customer service or anything.  Good to know there's more than a couple of us with V2's. 

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2018, 10:21 pm »
Thanks for the clarification, Lou.  Wasn't trying to jab at customer service or anything.  Good to know there's more than a couple of us with V2's.

No worries and I didn't take it as a jab. I try my best to keep as many upgrade options open for people as possible, and I have to be honest it is not always easy. it's just that sometimes it makes more sense to just move up. :wink:

HiFidFan

« Reply #18 on: 20 Jan 2018, 08:39 pm »
OK, got some decent weather today.  Pictures added to OP...

HiFidFan

Re: DA-RMa's for Sale SOLD!
« Reply #19 on: 2 Feb 2018, 09:19 pm »
SOLD!