Piano M1 skipping

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
Re: Piano M1 skipping
« Reply #20 on: 16 Aug 2011, 04:34 pm »
I've always wanted a top loader... cough hint cough. :-)
The top loaders are very attractive but surprisingly more expensive to build even with less parts... go figure.

Seth I have to admit it would be awesome to ha e a top loader sitting above my sensation... OK ill shut up now  :wink:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 16 Aug 2011, 05:21 pm »
I've always wanted a top loader... cough hint cough. :-)

Oh great, now your super wife will get you one.   :cry:

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #22 on: 16 Aug 2011, 07:10 pm »
Oh great, now your super wife will get you one.   :cry:

I doubt it lol
We're in the process of packing everything we own to move to a bigger place.
I had my eyes on a player for years "Monrio top loader3" but it was out of my price range even though Giovanni the owner was willing to hook me up with a great deal.

I'm attracted to cool looking stuff what can I say  :icon_lol:

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #23 on: 17 Aug 2011, 01:10 am »
Top load this, Jason.  You're gonna kill my aesthetic.  Already sold my house for the Melissa enclosure ;-)  I'll look into it...

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 17 Aug 2011, 01:16 am »
Already sold my house for the Melissa enclosure

Yeah but you sealed the deal with the real Melissa.   :D

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #25 on: 18 Aug 2011, 04:58 am »
No truer words have been spoken.

OzarkTom

« Reply #26 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:25 am »
One like this with tubes would be nice.

OzarkTom

« Reply #27 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:35 am »
Or how about one like this Seth?

srb

« Reply #28 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:39 am »
Let's see:

Machined aluminum, stainless steel and carbon fiber?  Check.
3-point suspension?  Check.
V6 with turbocharger?  Check.

;)

Steve

Meicheng

« Reply #29 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:33 am »
And all for $499, what a deal.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #30 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:47 am »
That things not $499 is it? Either way I'd bet the Piano sounds better than either of those Ozark. And as Bill Murray said in "Stripes"..."Thats a FACT Jack!" LOL....I could be wrong, but man all that carbon fiber and unique metal work gotta cost $498 leaving $1 for the transport and electronics.  :rotflmao: :argue:

srb

« Reply #31 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:16 am »
That things not $499 is it? Either way I'd bet the Piano sounds better than either of those Ozark. And as Bill Murray said in "Stripes"..."Thats a FACT Jack!" LOL....I could be wrong, but man all that carbon fiber and unique metal work gotta cost $498 leaving $1 for the transport and electronics.  :rotflmao: :argue:

It is the Loit Passeri, designed by Russian industrial designer Artemy Lebedev and manufactured by Loit of Singapore.  In the design stage in 2007, most references and graphic renderings are from then, but apparently it is actually now available in 2011.

6 Moons has a review and a bunch of interesting photos.
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/loit/1.html

With an MSRP of apparently €22.000 (~ $31,600) I would imagine there is a bit more than $1 left for transport and electronics!

Steve

ltr317

« Reply #32 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:25 am »
Wow, for that much I could put together a really nice sounding system and still have over $10,000 left for music. 

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #33 on: 19 Aug 2011, 03:10 am »
Here is my dream player. I've never heard it though :-(

I think we could do something like the Bel canto player. Its small and I don't see a reason we couldn't do something like that in the Melissa platform.

neekomax

« Reply #34 on: 19 Aug 2011, 03:13 am »

I think we could do something like the Bel canto player. Its small and I don't see a reason we couldn't do something like that in the Melissa platform.

That Bel Canto player is dooope.  :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: 19 Aug 2011, 03:58 am »
Steve--you always find the coolest information about stuff...I wonder how many DAC chips it uses???? And what kind....I'll dig around tomorrow, too late tonite.....thanks for that info Steve, awesome find... :thumb:

srb

« Reply #36 on: 19 Aug 2011, 04:18 am »
I wonder how many DAC chips it uses???? And what kind....I'll dig around tomorrow, too late tonite.....

In the 6 Moons review, it mentions two DAC chips with markings removed "The DACs are 24-bit eight-times oversampling parts of unspecified identity".  I think I read in another source that they were BB 1792A.

But it could have 64 X 128-bit DAC chips in parallel per channel and it wouldn't matter too much to me, as it is about 62 times the amount that I would conceivably pay for a CD player (and that's if I even had any use for a CD player).

But it was interesting to read about it and in particular to look at the photos from an industrial artwork perspective.

Steve

Rclark

« Reply #37 on: 19 Aug 2011, 06:30 am »
I'm loving my Emotiva ERC-2 and it's probably the last cd player I'd ever buy (had the ERC-1 before it), but maybe in about ten years when one of those 30K cd players is down around $500 I might have to refurbish one and give it a try for fun.

Of course, in ten years we'll have music files playing back at like 5 megs a second making what we have now sound like those old wind up record players from the 1800's.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 19 Aug 2011, 07:11 am »
To get this thread back on track its an easy, easy fix if anybody has the same issue I had with mine, with the new part it sounds better than ever.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Rclark

« Reply #39 on: 19 Aug 2011, 08:22 am »
 better get it back on track, good job! They should give you the thumbs up emoticon and just call it "the eclair".