Virtue ONE availability

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Virtue ONE availability
« on: 25 Feb 2011, 06:17 pm »
Guys,

You might have noticed that we've run out of stock for Virtue ONE.  Are there more coming soon?  No.  Not for 5-6 months most likely.  Why?  Frankly, yours truly spent money from sales paying off debts to marry the love of my life.  What does this mean?  If you buy other products that are in stock, we'll build up a kitty from which to make more ONEs. 

Remember, that to offer amps at these prices I must build them at least 100 pcs at a time (250 sometimes).  That costs a crap-load of money.  I've said the amps are precious and they are.  We have many, many custom parts and cut no corners.  In some respects, these little guys are like one-of-a-kind pieces of art.  There is just so much that goes into each one and it's not just a board in a box.

Thank you sincerely for your support and understanding of how this little Virtue hobby works.  We're not quite turning "audio lovers into audiophiles" yet.  More like the reverse, as one customer told me.  We're making audio lovers out of audiophiles.  And that's OK.  If our stuff is good enough for you, it's good enough for anyone!

You guys keep Virtue going and your enthusiasm and support will keep us making products.

Seth
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2011, 08:23 pm by virtue »

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Virtue ONE availability
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2011, 07:51 pm »
Keep doing whatever it is you do Seth to make these babies sing because it works!!! Its as simple as that, they work and sound excellent, never worry about workmanship because if a problem arises the owner or someone special will help immediately. Thats more than anyone could ask for in my opinion. You have Golden Ears my friend...stay loose, stay the course, stay special!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

justplainmike

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2011, 09:35 pm »
Ditto!!

I'm glad I got mine when I did!!  I hope this drives even more demand for your great products Seth!!

p.s.  Welcome back Ed!!  :D

OzarkTom

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2011, 10:14 pm »
Forgiven Seth, you need those extra funds for the dac.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2011, 12:24 am »
You got it, bro.  The production prototype is still a while away.  Sucks.  Sorry.

dvenardos

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2011, 04:00 am »
Maybe one of these days you will even break even, and then who knows what crazy stuff will happen.  :o

jeffh

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2011, 02:34 am »
Any update on Virtue ONE availability?

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2011, 04:28 am »
It's going to be a darn WHILE before ONEs are available again.

The new THREE has too many bells and whistles to be sold cheaply and it will be at least the second production before we have a cheaper version.  Likely March/April of 2012.

You'll see a TWO.3 and THREE.1 sooner.

Seth

gnomon

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2011, 06:37 am »
I know that the Three and the DAC are at the top of the list right now, but what would a Two.3 entail?  I love the enclosures of the One.2 and Two.2 and was very disappointed to discover that I'd missed the opportunity to nab one.  The possibility of a new production run somewhere down the line is very exciting.  Can or will you say anything about it?  (would it help at all if I mentioned that a Three is near the top of my New Toy budget?)

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2011, 05:23 pm »
Hey gnomon,

The THREE.1 will be a high-power version and it will cost more than Sensation M451.

The ONE.3 will remain as affordable as possible but will be slow arriving.  The TWO.3 will bridge the gap with the THREE.  I haven't decided the final feature-set of the TWO.3.

The THREE.1 will use heat-sinks on the small chassis to deal with the power.  It will be available retail.  The ONE/TWO will be available from me directly.

Make sense?

I'm so sorry about the discontinuity in production.  We need to commit to these in huge numbers and to start a new production of a legacy product didn't make sense to me.  Aaron is very close to completion of the THREE and it has already passed most of our functional and go-to-market requirements -- unlike the aborted efforts of 2008 and 2009 (yes, we've been working on the THREE that long).

The first production will be the top-of-the-line THREE.1.  If you're interested in the THREE pre-order (discounted), please join our mailing list at store.virtueaudio.com

Seth

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2011, 05:43 pm »
The first production will be the top-of-the-line THREE.1.
Seth

What is the projected cost?

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Project THREE pre-order pricing
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2011, 06:14 pm »
The project pre-order price for the THREE will be around $500, around 60 days before delivery.  That will not include a PSU which will be sold separately or offered on the secondary market later.  Anything under 55v DC will work.  I will email my entire mailing list.  Pre-order pricing will be offered for a limited duration and number of customers.

roscoeiii

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jul 2011, 07:13 pm »
Any specs on the THREE that you can give us at this time?

WC

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2011, 07:25 pm »
So the THREE.1 will end up costing more than the M451? Other than power output what are the benefits that the THREE.1 has over the current Sensation models? Does the increased power output add to the dynamics over the previous implementation in your other amps?

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #14 on: 18 Jul 2011, 08:22 pm »
The THREE will have a USB dac and headphone out.  Also around 2x the power.  But with multiple inputs and remote, it will be more similar than different from a feature standpoint. 

Because of the form factor you won't be able to squeeze in a buffer or cap upgrades, that kind of thing.

Sound signature and audible noise (hiss, etc.) will be similar.  There was a noise issue with the last prototype that we felt needed to be addressed before ending it around to "public" users.

Seth

JohnR

« Reply #15 on: 19 Jul 2011, 11:04 pm »
Since ONEs are out of stock and people are asking about them, I have two lightly-used ONE.2s with the stock power supply that I can make available if anyone is interested. (I have three of them and will keep one.) They're in Australia so you'd need to pay some postage. Send me a PM if genuinely interested... thanks ;)

(Posted with Seth's permission)

Edit: the cases are blue and black. Whoever takes the first one can have another blue case if they wish.

JohnR

« Reply #16 on: 28 Jul 2011, 04:45 pm »
The black one is sold, and the blue one still available. To the US total cost is around USD390, of which 25% is postage and fees (sorry, exchange rates are not my fault......). somewhat less to other locations, and a screaming bargain available if you are in AU.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #17 on: 9 Aug 2011, 05:05 pm »
A customer emailed me that he wants to sell his 2nd gently used TWO.2.  Send me a PM if you're interested in buying it.  Price is 20% off.

Rclark

« Reply #18 on: 10 Aug 2011, 05:47 am »
Will we get to see which Three we're getting before we preorder?

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #19 on: 10 Aug 2011, 05:55 am »
Of course! 

There are a few things you might want to be surprised by after purchase.  A certain Bunny emerging from a large cake, perhaps (Steven Segal film from my single days). 

But amplifiers aren't one of them!

You'll see pictures and specs.  But not yet, sorry.