Re: whats the word on a virtue-DAC
« Reply #21 on: 20 Jun 2011, 10:56 pm »
Virtue Is It's Own Reward

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #22 on: 20 Jun 2011, 10:58 pm »
Seth---those shirts are perfect!!  YES!!!!!!... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheerwino

« Reply #23 on: 20 Jun 2011, 11:42 pm »
"Don't Touch My Virtue!"

"If you think my Virtue looks good on the outside
you should look underneath!"

"I'm a Virtueaphile"

OzarkTom

« Reply #24 on: 20 Jun 2011, 11:56 pm »
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it."   :thumb:

WC

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jun 2011, 08:17 pm »
A DAC with up to 4 analog inputs, up to 8 digital inputs, tube flavored, and a HT bypass that can behave as a preamp. Sounds like good competition for the Peachtree Nova preamp that is rumored to be coming later this year. I just guessing, but I would think you would beat it on price.

OzarkTom

« Reply #26 on: 22 Jun 2011, 11:29 pm »
A DAC with up to 4 analog inputs, up to 8 digital inputs, tube flavored, and a HT bypass that can behave as a preamp. Sounds like good competition for the Peachtree Nova preamp that is rumored to be coming later this year. I just guessing, but I would think you would beat it on price.

I had a Peachtree Nova integrated and the Sensation was much better, even without the Dodd tube buffer.

Cheerwino

« Reply #27 on: 22 Jun 2011, 11:43 pm »
I had a Peachtree Nova integrated and the Sensation was much better, even without the Dodd tube buffer.

Yeah, I had a Nova, too. Beautiful wood, lovely DAC and great idea. Build quality wasn't up to Virtue standards IMHO (grippy cables pulled out the RCAs). Amp and headphone was just 'eh' (liked the headphone on the Decco better). Nova DAC was pretty sweet feeding the Virtue One, though! Learned my lesson to focus... :duh:

WC

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jun 2011, 01:17 am »

I was looking at it before I found out about Virtue. I would get the Virtue now, but I think we need to get the word out about Virtue, so you can sell a lot of the DACs.

Jason is there anyway to disable the speaker outputs on the Sensation? The reason I am asking is I would like to use the same sources to run 3 different pairs of speakers. I can run the preamp out to another amp, but I would like to not have the speakers connected to the speaker outs on the sensation be playing when I am listening to speakers in another room.

wsturner

« Reply #29 on: 23 Jun 2011, 06:58 pm »

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #30 on: 25 Jun 2011, 03:16 pm »
I was looking at it before I found out about Virtue. I would get the Virtue now, but I think we need to get the word out about Virtue, so you can sell a lot of the DACs.

Jason is there anyway to disable the speaker outputs on the Sensation? The reason I am asking is I would like to use the same sources to run 3 different pairs of speakers. I can run the preamp out to another amp, but I would like to not have the speakers connected to the speaker outs on the sensation be playing when I am listening to speakers in another room.

the only way I know of to do this is to remove the capacitor jumpers, this will eliminate the signal input to the tripath section of the amp.
give that a try and let me know what happens.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #31 on: 26 Jun 2011, 02:09 am »
Speaker switch box like the one Mardis made for RMAF 2 years ago?

Still laughing over that shirt WSTURNER!

Rclark

« Reply #32 on: 27 Jun 2011, 03:56 am »
Good audio is a "Virtuous" thing! Guffaw. I like your original shirt idea Seth and I'd love one of those.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #33 on: 27 Jun 2011, 11:43 am »
+1 on the original shirt :thumb: