Veracity ST's in Electric Blue over standard curly maple

jsalk

These are the Veracity ST's we recently showed at Rocky Mountain Audiofest.  I had not had time to photograph them before the show.

We had just done a pair in midnight blue over quilted maple using our double-dye technique.  So I decided to shoot some blue dye over our standard curly maple.  Rather than midnight blue, we shot a lighter version that is very electric when seen in person.  Hopefully you'll get the idea.

Here they are...

And a close up...

We had quite a few people who reacted very positively to this finish.  So we will probably put togehter a special promotion on SongTowers in this finish and perhaps a few other colors as well.

- Jim

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Veracity ST's in Electric Blue over standard curly maple
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2014, 09:37 pm »
Yeah, pics do not do them justice Jim.  These were stunning in person.   :thumb:

Meicheng

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2014, 11:03 pm »
When I first saw these at the show I thought it was an automotive paint finish.  Jim told me to look closer and the grain is there.  Jason and Jim are right that as great as they look in the photos, they looked even better in person.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2014, 01:39 am »
Not sure why anyone would want blue speakers...... :o

DEP14

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2014, 01:48 am »
Yowza!

Very nice.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2014, 05:53 am »
Wow! Almost day-glo.

Big Red: LOL!

Paul K.

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2014, 02:19 pm »
Me, neither. :?
Paul

Not sure why anyone would want blue speakers...... :o

FireGuy

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2014, 02:39 pm »
With little doubt you would a need a specific room to accommodate this special hue.  And, after those initial oo's and ah's;  if not mated correctly in your environment,  there's certain to be some optical fatigue after the install.  A designer's challenge for sure.

I'd be interested from marketing standpoint how many potential buyers are poking and drooling.  And from that group, the percentage who put down their Visa.

Austin08

« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2014, 02:54 pm »
With little doubt you would a need a specific room to accommodate this special hue.  And, after those initial oo's and ah's;  if not mated correctly in your environment,  there's certain to be some optical fatigue after the install.  A designer's challenge for sure.

I'd be interested from marketing standpoint how many potential buyers are poking and drooling.  And from that group, the percentage who put down their Visa.

True, but there are many people love the modern look and want their speaker to look "stand out"from the rest. Especially, If one has their own listening room then one can put whatever he want to put in that room.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2014, 03:36 pm »
True, but there are many people love the modern look and want their speaker to look "stand out"from the rest. Especially, If one has their own listening room then one can put whatever he want to put in that room.

Perhaps someone has a blue theme...  Or a redbone, or a white one, or.......

Kinger

« Reply #10 on: 18 Oct 2014, 04:32 pm »
That was a sharp looking room Pete.

FireGuy

« Reply #11 on: 18 Oct 2014, 04:38 pm »

I personally love the look of these speakers and their modern aesthetic.  To have the space, time and $$ to create a room for them...now I'm drooling.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #12 on: 18 Oct 2014, 04:49 pm »
That was a sharp looking room Pete.

Those were the days.

WireNut

« Reply #13 on: 18 Oct 2014, 04:52 pm »
Awesome room, love the blue....

ajzepp

« Reply #14 on: 31 Oct 2014, 01:00 pm »
I still want to see a pair in Cathedral purple...I think that would look amazing