amps and heavy preamp

kenreau

amps and heavy preamp
« on: 13 Aug 2013, 11:20 pm »
Steve,

Thanks for your previous input and recommendations.  I'm on a roll, so I'm going to keep going with the balance of questions so I can place an order.

I have 3 more pieces to ask recommendations for;

1) Anthem 5 channel HT amp - basic chassis of steel / sheetmetal with two large transformers behind front faceplate.  I assume the weight bias is 70/30 toward the front of chassis.  It weighs 60 pounds and has 4 generic oem dense rubber feet.  I'm wondering if Big Tall Tenderfoot Extra-firm or Iso-Cups with SuperSonic hardballs?

2) SimAudio W-7 solid state amp.  It has a rigid chassis with aluminum pillars at each corner with small (3/4 inch high) screw in pointed cones.  It weighs 85 pounds.  I was originally thinking just get the Hush Puckies to put under the oem points, then after reading more about the Iso-Cups, it occured to me why not unscrew the small points and place an Iso-Cup and Ball directly under the threaded opening for the pointed cone?  The ball could kind of rest in that threaded opening.

3) SimAudio P-7 preamp.  Same basic chassis design as the amp, with pointed cones at each corner.  It weighs 40 pounds.  Same suspension question - Hush Puckies under the oem points, Iso-Cups or possibly Big Tall Tenderfeet?

Thanks again
Kenreau
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2013, 04:25 pm by kenreau »

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: amps and heavy preamp
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2013, 12:24 am »
Hi, Kenreau. I recommend trying four Extra-Firm Tenderfoot isolation feet under each of the components listed. Big Tall version is needed only if you need the extra height to lift the component free of the stock feet.

Hush Puckies under the stock spikes or Iso-Cups w/SuperSonic Hardballs are both viable options, of course. Ultimately, it's your call and you just about can't go wrong.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

kenreau

Re: amps and heavy preamp
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2013, 05:46 am »
Great, thanks, I'll get my order together shortly.

Kenreau