ModWright Instruments: SWL 9.0 Linestage Release Notes!

modwright

You're Covered...
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2004, 03:31 pm »
I gotcha covered Steve.  In fact, I am going to the machines shop to proof the knobs and faceplate today!!!!  Quite excited, the chassis are complete, pending anodizing of the faceplate.

The CO show should be excellent!

Dan

alotaklipsch

Re: You're Covered...
« Reply #21 on: 29 Sep 2004, 06:18 pm »
Quote from: modwright
I gotcha covered Steve.  In fact, I am going to the machines shop to proof the knobs and faceplate today!!!!  Quite excited, the chassis are complete, pending anodizing of the faceplate.

The CO show should be excellent!

Dan

Dan,

Pretty cool getting your product into REAL production, huh, now your becoming BIG TIME 8) Don't forget us little people :nono: BTW are you gonna be at the show? If so I may fly out to see you, and have a sonic blast too :mrgreen:

modwright

Cool
« Reply #22 on: 30 Sep 2004, 08:23 pm »
Yes, it is exciting and we will be at the show.  We will be using a prototype of the SWL 9.0 there.

Dan

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Cool
« Reply #23 on: 10 Oct 2004, 07:56 am »
Yes, it is exciting and we will be at the show.  We will be using a prototype of the SWL 9.0 there.

Dan
    [/list:u]
      Hello Dan, Here's zybar's photo from the RMAF....looks great !! :) [/list:u]

Chris_B

« Reply #24 on: 10 Oct 2004, 01:14 pm »
    It looks fantastic.  Did anyone get a chance to play with it at all?  I am assuming the knobs are volume and source plus toggles for power and mute (maybe).  What was the blue light on the far left for?

Cyberbod

RMAF
    « Reply #25 on: 11 Oct 2004, 03:36 am »
    Just got back from RMAF. I'll give the SWL 9.0 an A+. :notworthy: It sounds as good as it looks. Dan's was the best bang for the buck system at the show! I am not alone in that opinion. Dan had his Platinum Sony N999ES for a source unit, CIAudio Class D Monoblocks, Revelation Audio silver IC's and speaker cables throughout, PowerWing line conditioner, and a pair of Gary Richie's GR Research Diluceo loud speakers, featuring CSS ARG2 ribbon tweeters. He had a sub in the mix for a short time, but it proved unnecessary. What you get is a clean unmitigated sound that makes you want to hang out and listen for a long   while. I must admit I did feel the same draw at Colorado Audio listening to the $41,000 Kharma Grand Ceramique Midi. :mrgreen:

Levi

« Reply #26 on: 12 Oct 2004, 12:03 am »
    Congratulations to Dan for a successful show!

Kevin P

• http://www.diycable.com
    « Reply #27 on: 12 Oct 2004, 12:46 am »
    Dan's line stage is top-notch.   We used one in our room and it performed flawlessly.   The light on the left is power and the toggle switches include a mute function that is very handy... especially with vinyl.

CIAudio

• Industry Contributor
      • http://www.ciaudio.com
    « Reply #28 on: 14 Oct 2004, 06:00 am »
    The amps were CIAudio Class D Monoblocks (not Monolithic), but i'll let that one slide since Greg Schug of Monolithic has helped me with the development of them.
    I didn't make it to the show but we've received numerous email and calls about how good the ModWright/CIAudio/GR Research system sounded.
    Good job Dan and congrats on your first product!

Dusty_V

modwright

Thanks!
    « Reply #29 on: 14 Oct 2004, 06:03 am »
    Thanks Guys!  I felt that we had good sound too and the reviewers that I spoke with agreed!  The show was excellent and it was great to meet many of the AC members.

Dan

guest1632

Re: ModWright Instruments: SWL 9.0 Linestage Release Notes!
    « Reply #30 on: 18 Oct 2004, 03:53 am »
    Okay guys, the SWL 9.0 linestage is about to depart from Beta status and into production, this October!  In other words, just around the corner.

First of all, I want to thank the Beta customers, and especially those that have waited for the upgrades and revisions during the Beta process and who have given me much needed feedback.  Those who have heard the recent Beta units can attest to the fact that it has come a LONG WAY.  The first Beta's were good, the recent units are GREAT in my opinion.

Details ...

modwright

Tape Loop
    « Reply #31 on: 19 Oct 2004, 03:23 pm »
    It is interesting that you mention that.  I just don't know how many people 'tape' anymore.  If I am missing something, now is the time to tell me.

Thanks,

Dan

JoshK

« Reply #32 on: 19 Oct 2004, 04:13 pm »
    I think there are still a number of head fi fanatics that use the tape outputs for dedicated headphone amps.  Plus there are those that have CD recorders on the tape outs.  There are still a number of uses for tape outs.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
    « Reply #33 on: 19 Oct 2004, 06:23 pm »
    Quote from: JoshK
    I think there are still a number of head fi fanatics that use the tape outputs for dedicated headphone amps.  Plus there are those that have CD recorders on the tape outs.  There are still a number of uses for tape outs.
    And even some that still use a cassette machine :oops: ...(but it's a good one).

woodsyi

• Volunteer
    • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
    « Reply #34 on: 19 Oct 2004, 07:56 pm »
    Hey,

I still have a tape deck.  My wife and I have all these old bootleg tapes from our younger days that we listen to at times, especially when old friends visit.  :mrgreen:

mcrespo71

« Reply #35 on: 19 Oct 2004, 10:11 pm »
    I use the tape outs on my preamp to hook my headphone amp to the rest of my system, but not sure I am totally representative of audiophiles looking for preamps.  Some may use the tape loops to handle an analog EQ device- like a graphic equalizer or a Rives.

Michael

guest1632

Re: Tape Loop
    « Reply #36 on: 19 Oct 2004, 11:44 pm »
    It is interesting that you mention that.  I just don't know how many people 'tape' anymore.  If I am missing something, now is the time to tell me.
    Hi Dan, I guess I am one of these ol' fashioned guys who like to see a tape loop. Actually, probably a record out would be sufficient for most needs.
    Thanks,

Dan

doug s.

• makin' music
    « Reply #37 on: 20 Oct 2004, 12:30 pm »
    i like a tape loop for my dbx 3bx dynamic range expander.  this is something i like for way-compressed recordings & some way-compressed fm radio stations.  but, since i don't often use it, the tape loop is the best place for it - not in the signal path when not in use...

doug s.

WEEZ

« Reply #38 on: 20 Oct 2004, 02:53 pm »
    I would not buy a pre-amp without a tape loop- or at the very least, a tape output. I still enjoy using a tape deck.

But that's just me...

WEEZ

guest1632

« Reply #39 on: 20 Oct 2004, 11:43 pm »
    Quote from: WEEZ
    I would not buy a pre-amp without a tape loop- or at the very least, a tape output. I still enjoy using a tape deck.

But that's just me...

WEEZ