Virtue Two.2: Speaker Selection

cynan

Re: Virtue Two.2: Speaker Selection
« Reply #40 on: 15 Jul 2012, 06:50 am »
Hello,
If Europeans are buying loudspeakers from the States. I think the '' other side '' should buy European speakers.
Because I just did buy a secondhand sensation m901 which is still at the customs so i commited a sin and did buy a French set of speakers for my 2.1 movie set up.
THey are called elipson planet L ( there is a M too which is smaller). They are available in high gloss white black and red. Maybe i should have gone for the black ones. They are packed in paper crates like they do with eggs and a pair of gloves is included to avoid staines.
My virtue isn't jet connected but i already love the way they sound. If you need big sound levels you will have to add a sub i think. Their sound is natural coherent and spatial. There is a distributor in Canada  because there are some French speaking people in Canada too.
This brand has made loads of design like speakers in the past so they didn't copy other manufactures but they did set an example.
I hope the virtue will amplify its merits even more.
Kind greetings, Edward

I thought those were Orb Audio speakers! They look identical, just about twice the size. Are they single driver or is there a woofer hidden inside somewhere (they look almost large enough)?

persisting1

« Reply #41 on: 15 Jul 2012, 09:14 am »
If Europeans are buying loudspeakers from the States. I think the '' other side '' should buy European speakers.

Americans have been buying European speakers for years.

Bowers & Wilkins, Harbeth, Sonus Faber, Vienna Acoustics just to name a few.

bardamu

« Reply #42 on: 15 Jul 2012, 10:20 am »
I thought those were Orb Audio speakers! They look identical, just about twice the size. Are they single driver or is there a woofer hidden inside somewhere (they look almost large enough)?
http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/elipson_planet_e.html
http://www.elipson.com/en/index.html
happy reading, Edward
P.s Like i said before i am using them for watching movies in combination with an active subwoofer. Maximum sound levels are big enough for me. IF you use them above 80 hertz with the virtue possibilty to do so they sound really good. I am using them close to the wall. I can imagine them sounding even more spatial when they are not as close to the wall. BUT then the need for a subwoofer will be bigger. The subwoofer would have to be positioned in between the '' balls '' because you will need a higher cross over point.
My goals for my video set up were/are a natural, life like like spatial sound and they do it very well