Salk Sound

maxboy00

Salk Sound
« on: 25 Apr 2012, 04:23 pm »
Just ran across this line of speakers, they are very sharp looking indeed. I am  curious to how they sound, compared to PMC?  since both are TL speakers.  In particular the Veracity HT1-TL if anyone has experience with this model.

Thanks

Todd_A

Re: Salk Sound
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2012, 05:03 pm »
I haven't done direct A/Bs, and I have not heard PMCs in my room, but I did demo the FB1i last summer before settling on going with Salk.  The FB1i sounds a bit leaner in the bass, though it was about as extended as the Salks.  The PMC's mids and highs were not as clean or detailed as Salks, though.  I currently use Supercharged SongTowers rather than the HT1-TLs, but the models probably sound quite similar.

And though not a sound quality item, the PMCs look nice, but the Salks look nicer.

won ton on

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2012, 05:11 pm »
not sure how they sound compared to pmc's,but my ht2-tl's are great.you should also look at the super charged song towers,if i had known about them i might have got them instead of the ht2-tl's.also the raal tweeter is great with no hint of harshness at all. the fit and finish on them is superb and Jim is a great guy to deal with.

ricardojoa

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2012, 07:29 am »
Even without the chance to audition both, i think they are going to sound pretty good  :lol:. To me, many audio manufactures cam make decent speakers to sound good. Given with both, i will lean on the Salk, for the raal ribbon ( wanted to esperience), the ability for customization.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2012, 08:19 am »
Salk will be on display this weekend at the AKFest near Detroit.  (While shows can't give a definitive answer, you can decide if they stay on or off your list.)

Doing an A/B comparison with PMC would be very hard to pull off.

Even with solid cherry, high-end furniture at home, Jim's workmanship is just too nice to bring into my home.   :oops:

music_lover_v2

« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2012, 05:31 pm »
Any idea what products Jim is going to exhibit in the AKfest?

jsalk

« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2012, 08:30 pm »
SoundScapes, HT2-TL's, SongTowers, WOW1's and a RAAL/Illuminator monitor.

- Jim

music_lover_v2

« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2012, 01:01 am »
OK! Are the Songtowers going to be with RAAL, and will they be sold after AKFest?  :green:

saeyedoc

« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2012, 02:01 am »
RAAL/Illuminator monitor.

- Jim
That sound interesting, any details?

jsalk

« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2012, 12:41 pm »
OK! Are the Songtowers going to be with RAAL, and will they be sold after AKFest?  :green:

These will not have the RAAL.  A customer changed his mind and added the RAAL after these cabinets were built.  So we decided to finish them anyway.  They have the OW2 tweeter.  But, they will be available after the show.

- Jim