SOLD Van Alstine 600R power amp

Ledhead26

SOLD Van Alstine 600R power amp
« on: 26 Mar 2024, 01:42 am »
Up for grabs is my Van Alstine 600R amp. Never thought I’d let her go but I recently jumped on an opportunity for another amp that I’ve been on the hunt for so here we are. She’s in excellent shape both cosmetically and functionally. Those who have dealt with me before know I take care of my gear. Highly sought after amp for good reasons. I’ve had many nice amps come and go over the years and this one has bested all but one for me.

300 watts @ 8 ohms with the ability to drive loads down to 2 ohms. This is a hybrid amp that has two 12at7 tubes on the input side of things and mosfets for the output. The tubes have been upgraded to 1960s Brimar yellow T’s which took the musicality of the amp to another level. This amp has the ability to drive most any speaker while staying composed, and still sounding great while doing it. Leans just a hair to the warm side and has a way of being highly detailed but never bright or harsh.

The amp has a 2020 build date which was the last version of the 600Rs that Frank made. I have the original box and manual that came with it. Asking $1900. Cash is king but will do PayPal F&F if need be. Hoping for local pickup but may be willing to ship on buyers dime. Located in Maryland 21921

« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2024, 03:12 pm by Ledhead26 »

Ledhead26

Re: Van Alstine 600R power amp
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm »
$1850…somebody needs an upgrade in their amplification