Black Ice Fusion 360 Preamp with Upgrades and Tubes

ajzepp

Black Ice Fusion 360 Preamp with Upgrades and Tubes
« on: 15 Mar 2024, 05:42 pm »
This Black Ice F360 was purchased new in 2020. It was sent back to Jerred Dunkerson, CEO of Black Ice, for capacitor (Jupiter) and resistor (naked z foil) upgrades. The cost of these upgrades was $550 (receipt available). I also purchased two tube upgrades from TubeWorld (see image below), and I am also including the Tung-Sol tube that came with the unit. This is a very reluctant sell, and I'm only parting with it due to medical bills that amassed in 2023 that I need to get on top of. It's a fantastic piece of gear, and Jerred and his team are class acts who take great care of their customers.

MSRP: $2400 (preamp), $550 (upgrades), $180 (tubes) = $3130
Asking: $2250shipped (CONUS)

« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2024, 09:00 am by ajzepp »

VinceT

Re: Black Ice Fusion 360 Preamp with Upgrades and Tubes
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2024, 05:53 pm »
Sorry to hear about the medical bills, good luck with your sales.

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2024, 07:03 pm »
Sorry to hear about the medical bills, good luck with your sales.

Thanks Vince, very much appreciated

genjamon

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2024, 08:18 pm »
Agreed, it's a fantastic preamp.  I'm a happy owner of a stock F360.  Would you care to comment on the improvements the Jupiter caps and Z-foil resistors made?  I've definitely contemplated some upgrades, but have a hard time choosing from all the options.  Caps would definitely be on the list, and while I do love the sound of Jupiter copper foils, I've also enjoyed the V-Cap ODAM and Miflex copper foils I've had in different components too.  Can't go wrong with any of them, IMO, but they do bring different strengths to the table. 

GLWS!

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2024, 03:22 am »
Agreed, it's a fantastic preamp.  I'm a happy owner of a stock F360.  Would you care to comment on the improvements the Jupiter caps and Z-foil resistors made?  I've definitely contemplated some upgrades, but have a hard time choosing from all the options.  Caps would definitely be on the list, and while I do love the sound of Jupiter copper foils, I've also enjoyed the V-Cap ODAM and Miflex copper foils I've had in different components too.  Can't go wrong with any of them, IMO, but they do bring different strengths to the table. 

GLWS!

Hey there! You have great taste in audio gear  :D

This was my response to Jerred after getting the unit back at the time.

genjamon

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2024, 12:21 pm »
Cool, thanks for sharing!

ajzepp

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2024, 09:02 am »
One time price drop to $2250 (firm), still including free insured shipping within CONUS.