Aleph J clone for sale

KTS

Aleph J clone for sale
« on: 2 Mar 2024, 02:45 pm »
Good Afternoon, I am selling my first Aleph J, it has been built and running since September of 2023. The reason I am selling this wonderful sounding class A amp,  built another one in black to match the rest of my gear and I need to free up some capital for the next project. It also seemed unproductive to move the boards and power supply to a new chassis when everything is rock solid and dead quiet. It just needs a good home. I have been running GR Research NX Studios 87db 8ohm speakers with this Amp and they sound great in my system.

The amp is biased to 450 mV at a running temp of 45-48 C on the heat sinks.

In the build I used ODAM V-Cap capacitors and the signal wire is Duelund copper/oiled cotton and Kimber. The power supply is 25v and uses an AnTek AS-3218 transformer. The aluminum Chassis is 5U and drilled to to except most DIY Audio First Watts boards. The speaker binding post are Cardas raw copper.

I am asking $1200 drop to $1100 drop to $1000 for the Amp, to cover the parts, I live in the Raleigh NC area and would prefer local pick up.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thank you, Kelly

« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2024, 11:53 pm by KTS »

rockadanny

Re: Aleph J clone for sale
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2024, 06:18 pm »
Wow! Excellent build. Nice parts selections. Looks sweet.  :thumb:
Good luck with the sale.

KTS

« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2024, 07:16 pm »
Thank you! I am going to add more info to the post.

KTS

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2024, 08:12 pm »
Bump and a price drop to $1100

Bones13

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2024, 02:16 am »
Nice amplifier! I made one, years ago, and it was my benchmark for a long time. Great circuit, nice part selection. Someone will be getting a nice amp.

GLWS

Metfit77@gmail.com

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2024, 10:27 am »
Any chance you would be interested in a trade?
Tortuga Audio LDR1B early model flagship balanced passive preamp with external power supply. (xlr only version) $1800 usd retail.

I would pay for shipping both ways for the trade.

KTS

« Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2024, 09:50 pm »
Any chance you would be interested in a trade?
Tortuga Audio LDR1B early model flagship balanced passive preamp with external power supply. (xlr only version) $1800 usd retail.

I would pay for shipping both ways for the trade.

I appreciate the offer, but I am focused on building at this time and need funding to keep my hobby rolling.

KTS

« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2024, 11:52 pm »
Bump for price drop $1000