OB H-Frame / A370PEQ / HX800 amp Box Flat Packs / Finished Cabs

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: OB H-Frame / A370PEQ / HX800 amp Box Flat Packs
« Reply #360 on: 6 Jan 2018, 12:43 pm »
The two H-Frames test fit is good and ready to install drivers and wiring harness.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #361 on: 6 Jan 2018, 03:18 pm »
The parts to build up a modular 2x12.

Captainhemo

« Reply #362 on: 6 Jan 2018, 05:15 pm »
Looking good  Rich.   Those  2x stacks  will be  pounding out the bass  soon   :thumb:

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #363 on: 6 Jan 2018, 06:08 pm »
Jay,

Thanks!  The ease of building these compared to my other H-Frames is wonderful!  Glue-up with the dowels was very easy and with simple clamps everything aligns well for fit.  Very nice indeed!   Just wipe off the surface with a paper towel is all I did for prep for glue.  Titebond III glue worked well with plenty of time for fitting and clamping for me, as I am very slow.  Thanks for all the hard work making the flat packs!

Now on to getting some sound out of them!   :D

flavo

« Reply #364 on: 6 Jan 2018, 07:26 pm »
What's all the wire on top of the H frames for?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #365 on: 6 Jan 2018, 07:35 pm »
The cable I have on hand to wire them up.  More than I need, but was all in my box of parts.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #366 on: 7 Jan 2018, 02:06 pm »
Drivers installed and wiring for the speakers is done. Now for some testing before finishing sub #2.

Captainhemo

« Reply #367 on: 7 Jan 2018, 06:01 pm »
Drivers installed and wiring for the speakers is done. Now for some testing before finishing sub #2.

Thanks for the feeback Rich,  appreciate  it  !Stack looks great

I know you  use a bit of a different wiring setup  than most, but for those   of you just   wiring "normally",  those  vacant 2 holes in the lower module baffle allow you to  go from the driver/servo coil  terminals and head  toward the upper module without having to backtrack  .  Helps keep  wiring  as short as possible.   Using that upper hole let's you  go    through the baffle and  directly up into the  top  module (or next module in a larger stack).   We've  included   holes on both sides to allow the driver/servo leads to remain on either side of the cabinet, no back and forth.

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #368 on: 7 Jan 2018, 07:43 pm »
Jay,
Yes, mine are wired differently than most to make them easy to move as modules.

The amp is connected and subs are working!  WOOHOO!

Trying some measurements next, but sub test signal from Room EQ Wizard is working!   :D

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #369 on: 9 Jan 2018, 02:32 am »
Second 2x12 H-Frame is loaded with drivers and ready for wiring.

WC

« Reply #370 on: 18 Jan 2018, 10:15 pm »
Are the modular units attached to each other in some way? I could see it working well with just dowels if you are building a tower of them, but how would it work if you were going to lay them down on their sides? You could screw them together, but then you have screw heads under the no-rez so not real easy to take apart in the future.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #371 on: 18 Jan 2018, 11:45 pm »
There are four bolts and washers with nylon lock nuts between each module as well as the dowels. 

The tops and bottoms of the  modules would need to be removed to make them lay flat on their side.  No problem with the modules.

Would suggest placing them sideways and then bolt them together to make it easier instead of tipping them over.

Captainhemo

« Reply #372 on: 19 Jan 2018, 12:13 am »
There are four bolts and washers with nylon lock nuts between each module as well as the dowels. 

The tops and bottoms of the  modules would need to be removed to make them lay flat on their side.  No problem with the modules.

Would suggest placing them sideways and then bolt them together to make it easier instead of tipping them over.

Hardware is included  in the kits (grade 8 5/16 x 1.75" bolts, flat washers,  &  nylon  lock nuts)
Easiest way to deal withthe no - rez is to   drill a corresponding hole to matchthe bolts.  Bolts are a nice button head design so  really wouldn't be   seen from  top...  I can cut a  chunk of no-rez, drill  holes, position with bolts in a module and snap   a pic.  On the weekend 

jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #373 on: 20 Jan 2018, 10:11 pm »
regarding the no-rez and the bolts / nuts that holod the modules in place.
The  center of each bolt hole is  19mm in from  the side panle and  27.5 mm in from the front or rear edge.  Whenther you do  your no rez with butt joints or  miter it, the  bolts will be hidden by the  no-rez on the side panel once it is installed.

You  can either drill a hole  in the   location or  you can  just notch  the hard damping layer  .  Try and leave the  foam above so it meets up properly withthe  foam on the said panel.  I  just snipped this out quickly with some side cutters for  pics  , could have been eater  LOL

Here it is flipped with  the bolts installed

And  after the  side panel no-rez is in place

Bolts are a nice  hex cap with nylon  locknuts

jay

WC

« Reply #374 on: 21 Jan 2018, 12:21 am »
So the bolts are hidden behind the norez? So if you would like to break down the boxes would you have to remove the Norez or could the bolts be loosened and disconnected without having to replace the Norez?

Captainhemo

« Reply #375 on: 21 Jan 2018, 06:56 pm »
Yeah, the bolts/nuts are hidden under the foam of the   no rez.   You'd be able to get them out if you wanted to  break them down, it'd  just be a matter of  compressing the OCF and getting an allen key in the bolt,   a socket onthe nut below.

jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #376 on: 29 Jan 2018, 12:43 am »
Hey folks
We've   done up some of the  same  amp boxes to fit the  HX300's   . These are  bsically the same design as the  A370/HX800 boxes but  sized accordingly.
Boxes   are vented,  45'd inthe corners,  and  earch corner has a single  #20 biscuit.  Easy to assemble.

Pricing is the same,  $70/pr or $60 / pr  with flat packs

I can  core a  1" hole inthe  end plate if you  want to mount a female  4-pole connector inthe  amp box
jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #377 on: 29 Jan 2018, 12:57 am »
Yay!

Looking forward to a pair for the HX300's and the 2x12's!

Captainhemo

« Reply #378 on: 29 Jan 2018, 01:01 am »
Yay!

Looking forward to a pair for the HX300's and the 2x12's!

The pair pictured  will be coming your way shortly :)

jay

emailtim

« Reply #379 on: 25 Feb 2018, 02:42 am »
Second 2x12 H-Frame is loaded with drivers and ready for wiring.

HAL,

Any updates on your OB subs ?  How do they sound ? 

Those cabinets sure do look great.  Love the modular/stackable design.  Plenty of room to grow.

TIA