• Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Lucid White Speaker Line
« Reply #40 on: 1 Nov 2012, 05:58 am »
We'll ship to Canada USPS.

ericlp151

« Reply #41 on: 5 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm »
I just bought some speakers that I like infinity primus ...  I guess I missed this deal since I already ordered them off of Amazon.   :duh:

Oh well, They look nice but no specs on them as far as sensitivity.  I am running them with my 9 watt T-amp.  :)

So, kinda hard to pair up speakers to that amp, but I am really picky about sound ... I prefer the laid back sound that infinity has.  Not really into Klipche or energy (that sound tinny) to me.  I don't really care for the way Polk sounds even tho they use soft dome tweeters and are better than a horn tweeter...  So... I like to hear a speaker first.  that and being in hawaii I would hate to be disappointed and want to return heavy items in the mail.

I think to help others would be to see how bright or laid back type sound.  Some people prefer a bright horn type speaker.  Others don't.  So, that might help people decide to buy them.   Also how low do these go?  That would have been another issue.  Dunno what type of frequency for low end as I don't use sub's for my music.  40hz is enough for my taste.

Good Luck.  They look great... I would have been even more intrigued had there been more specs and reviews at what type of type of sound is coming out of em. 

I feel speakers are just too personal to go blindly buying them with out a quick listen. 

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #42 on: 5 Nov 2012, 10:39 pm »
The measured frequency response has been posted in this thread. So the sensitivity can be seen from end to end.

I hate a bright sounding speaker and wouldn't design any with that aspect. These speakers are extremely neutral.

roscoeiii

« Reply #43 on: 5 Nov 2012, 11:37 pm »
Gonna recommend these to a friend who likes to walk around her apt as she listens to music.

How would you describe the difference between the MTM Omni and the Mini?

Randy

« Reply #44 on: 6 Nov 2012, 12:48 am »
Mine were bright sounding right out of the box, but that has pretty much disappeared with extended listening. They need break in time. The bass is fine in that I don't feel the need for a subwoofer. I love the detail they provide, and they are exceptionally neutral, as Danny says. I power them with my 40 wpc Virtue Sensation amp via batteries, and have no trouble with volume or clipping the amp.

harley52

« Reply #45 on: 27 Nov 2012, 12:52 am »
Are the Holistic omni's still available thru Virtue's site? They were at one time.

I been wanting an omni/radial design for the last couple months but choices, other than Ohm, aren't in my price range $3k or less or info isn't easy to come by, for instance the Dueval omni's. I haven't been to listen to the Decware omni's yet but it seems from what I've read at their site, their speakers tend  to be analytical. I some how tripped upon the news that the Lucid whites were omni's but I wonder if they are up to what I'm lookin for. Of course Danny can get a lot out of very little.

But then if hte Virtue omni are really super then I could have speakers and that Mac ma6600 or the Cary six paks too.
I had to call a friend to find out how many Arabian nites there are.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #46 on: 21 Dec 2012, 05:33 am »
Holistic had some wicked drivers in their Omni's.  But it was a DSP system that required you to use a laptop music server.  What we're doing here is more modest, for many more sensible, and affordable.  This is a unique speaker and an easy one to try.  I'm still offering free return shipping if you don't like them within 30 days.

harley52

« Reply #47 on: 3 Jan 2013, 09:23 pm »
Thanks, for letting me know. I like simple very, very well. I'll get a pr. when you guys get back. I have a lead on some Ohm 2xo's, in piano black. Just awaiting the Ohm folks to get back from the holidays to find out if they may have the boxes appropreate to ship them. And I'm not saying who has them, for fear someone will offer much more money than I have. :P But he's really pretty much commited or he said he is.
Harley

finsup

« Reply #48 on: 3 Jan 2013, 10:46 pm »
What stands are those?

Photos of the Virtue speakers in my room. The equipment is from top to bottom, Sensation 901, my Sony 5400 CDP, PS Audio GCC - 100 which I use as a preamp (I need the balance control and it adds some gain to the amp while maintaining its transparency), and then my Sony Discman powered by rechargeable battery pack from ALO Audio that I use when I want to get entirely off the grid.  The speakers continue to get better each day as the break in process continues. I may have 30-40 hours on them by now but that's just a guess as I have not been keeping track. The speaker cables are from Virtue.

finsup

« Reply #49 on: 3 Jan 2013, 10:48 pm »
Holistic had some wicked drivers in their Omni's.  But it was a DSP system that required you to use a laptop music server.  What we're doing here is more modest, for many more sensible, and affordable.  This is a unique speaker and an easy one to try.  I'm still offering free return shipping if you don't like them within 30 days.

Are you still offerring the 20% discount too?

Randy

« Reply #50 on: 5 Jan 2013, 02:18 am »
What stands are those?
 Sorry, I just don't remember the brand or where I got them. They've been in the house for a number of years. I think I found them by looking all over the internet until I found what I wanted. They are shorter than what you usually can find.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #51 on: 17 Jan 2013, 06:04 am »
I'll honor that 20% discount still.  Whether Jeff can send them out within 1 week as he original promised me is an open question.

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #52 on: 30 Jan 2013, 11:23 pm »
I'm playing with a pair of the MTM's right now in my listening room. excuse my socks and the mess  :roll:
right now they have about 30 hours on them.
I'm pushing them with my M451 and am loving it. (right now I'm using/testing a Two.2 that I repaired) tons of detail, not a hint of harshness on my Ray Brown Soular energy album or my Joe henderson So near so far album, both of which I've found to be fairly annoying on many speakers.
midrange is clean bass fairly tight and fast. they definitely have that open omni sound thanks to the midrange being up top and the woofer being in the front. Another killer design by Danny in my opinion and the price is darn good.

for those of you that dont know, I've been building my own speakers for years and I'll be keeping these in my system which says allot believe me. don't think for a second I'm biased Seth will tell you otherwise  :o

30 hours in I'm impressed with the bass and my listening room is funky as heck!
18ft deep 16ft (open to dining room and kitchen) with a ceiling that slopes up from 8ft by the speakers to 12ft by my listening chair which has been quite the task to tame the "trap" but I got it to sound darn good considering the challenges.
I also tried the in my bedroom system which never gets used and found them to sound very similar with even better bass. the bedroom is 16ft deep, 18ft wide and closed in (which helped the bass).

I don't know if or when they'll be available in wood veneers but that would be cool "hint hint"  :icon_twisted:

Randy

« Reply #53 on: 30 Jan 2013, 11:29 pm »
Jason - Nice socks.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #54 on: 30 Jan 2013, 11:30 pm »
I think people under estimate just how good this line is, especially this model. Imaging and sound stage size is very impressive. If the public only knew...

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #55 on: 31 Jan 2013, 12:05 am »
I think people under estimate just how good this line is, especially this model. Imaging and sound stage size is very impressive. If the public only knew...

agreed!

nice work Danny

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #56 on: 31 Jan 2013, 01:30 am »
Jason - Nice socks.

Clean too :)
I figured I'd better look like I was lounging, not to mention we dont wear shoes in the house.

harley52

« Reply #57 on: 2 Feb 2013, 02:17 am »
Are the speakers available now?

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #58 on: 2 Feb 2013, 04:16 am »
Are the speakers available now?

yes they are!
he doesnt have pictures on the website but you can see them here in the forum.
http://store.virtueaudio.com/category-s/97.htm

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #59 on: 13 Feb 2013, 05:37 am »
There was a bit about our screwy shipping calculator which I deleted.  You will be charged actual shipping price if it is less than what is quoted on the site.

We just unpacked after a move down the street.  I decided to park a pair of MMtMM's (we're now calling them "Axis" after the belated line-line driver line I buried in 1996). 

I'm playing through the Piano M2 prototype and a white-label XMOS usb-dac I got from China. 

http://store.virtueaudio.com/product-p/virtu-lucidwhite-mmtmm-cent-1.htm

Awesome.