Thank you !

Arcticdeth

Thank you !
« on: 31 Dec 2013, 09:14 pm »
OK, i know i am a bit " to the point " and brutally honest, but that is just me, never one to NOT say what i am thinking ( the wife hates this about me ) or speak the truth, no matter how much iyt may hurt, isnt the " truth the best way anyway "....

anyway..... I just wanted to get to the point of things, as if i asked nicely, no one would say it like it is, my questions would have been round-a-bouted and i would NOT have received any answers. I appreciate all your replies in helping me in my decision process. Happy New Year to all on the boards.

R

Phil A

Re: Thank you !
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2013, 09:54 pm »
Happy New Year to all as well.

I do that same thing most of the time (every now and then I do manage to bite my tongue).  I don't think people would necessarily avoid answering things.  Might have sent a PM vs. a public post.  I posted about an amp of a certain brand, although rated very high in the amount of watts, could not drive certain speakers that well.  If someone did not figure out the brand (since I did not name it) from my post and wanted to know, I would have sent a PM.  I don't feel the need to bad mouth something that overall is a very good brand and may be suitable for other people.  It never comes out good that way.  Everyone has favorites (and that is great that we have so many choices). 

The above type of situation happened with a speaker sponsor and the poster who obviously did not take the high road lashed out at everyone just trying to make helpful suggestions.  His original user account was deleted and apparently he re-registered a couple of times and now has a different account name (I could figure it out via the listings on Audiogon and here of things he has had for sale).  So honest is good but sometimes when it is done in a way to damage someone's reputation maliciously is not good.  If it wasn't for the way he acted, I might be interested in some of the things he had listed for sale but am wary of dealing with someone like that (there were obvious misrepresentations between what was listed on an Audiogon ad and here and they could not both be correct as to the condition of an item).  Just a thought to everyone for the New Year.  We all don't have the same tastes and I have friends who are not audiophiles and I'm happy to help them in the way they need it.

martinr

Re: Thank you !
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2014, 03:54 pm »
Arctic

I live in the Colorado Springs Area if you would ever like to listen to my "Hybrid" Kismet monblocs.

- Martin