Entering the Circle here!

davstev

Entering the Circle here!
« on: 23 Feb 2021, 02:14 pm »
Hi all.

Been a member of other audio forums but I get a good vibe here, so I've signed up. I hail from Canada. Currently living in the beautiful, if chilliy, city of Montreal. Starting to feel like I have been invested in this hobby for awhile now. I balance my love of music with my fondness/appreciation/lust for nice audio gear, particularly vintage audio. I currently have two systems. System 1) Thorens TD-124 with a Zeta Tonearm with a Denon Zu 103 > Denon HA-500 head amp > Accuphase C-200 preamp > Threshold 400A power amplifier (currently being recapped) > Tannoy Gold 12" speakers. I also recently acquired a pair of Celestion SL6 bookshelf speakers (they are great!). System 2) Rebuilt Lenco L75 with Fidelity Research FR-24 tonearm/Audio Technica AT-150MLX cartridge > Nakamichi TA-4A receiver > Clements Little D speakers (just acquired).

Whew. Oh, and I have some other sources: CD players and tape decks, mostly by Nakamichi, and some headphones. And a couple of receivers on standby: H/K 930 and Sansui 8080, are my favourites.

Whew. Do i have too much gear?! It doesn't feel like it. I truly enjoy it all as a vessel for musical enjoyment. Always seeking...

Thanks for having me.

David

PS Here's a real closeup of a Decca Blue that I took last week through a microscope.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Entering the Circle here!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2021, 11:31 pm »
Welcome David, that is a great image :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2021, 12:13 am »
Cheers & Welcome to AC David   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2021, 12:28 am »
Welcome!

jjss49

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2021, 03:54 am »
welcome

i have great memories of times spent in montreal!