niteshade

jorod

niteshade
« on: 22 Jul 2018, 07:54 pm »
Hello I found this group through a search for info on Niteshade audio and Lamphear Electronics.  I live in Syracuse NY about 40 miles from where Lamphear Electronics use to be.  Through a strange turn of events and being in the right place at the right time I now am the owner of a large amount of tube equipment from the estate of the late Blair Lamphear. I have many amplifiers that are missing tubes and are unmarked as to what tubes they were designed for. I am looking for help as to locating manuals or schematics. Also have some working beauties including a Lamphear 120-2 double push-pull 6L6 120 watt per side power amp. All saved from the scrap yard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: niteshade
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2018, 07:57 pm »
Welcome, jorod.  :beer:

Be sure to post a question or more in the Tube-o-phile Circle. Lot's of wide-ranging help therein.  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2018, 08:07 pm »
Welcome to AC!

RPM123

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2018, 08:55 pm »
Yikes...my first thought was a certain former AC sponsor/member coming back from the hereafter!  :| Welcome!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2018, 09:02 pm »
SMT Blair amps were all octal pentodes.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2018, 09:10 pm »
Hello I found this group through a search for info on Niteshade audio and Lamphear Electronics.  I live in Syracuse NY about 40 miles from where Lamphear Electronics use to be.  Through a strange turn of events and being in the right place at the right time I now am the owner of a large amount of tube equipment from the estate of the late Blair Lamphear. I have many amplifiers that are missing tubes and are unmarked as to what tubes they were designed for. I am looking for help as to locating manuals or schematics. Also have some working beauties including a Lamphear 120-2 double push-pull 6L6 120 watt per side power amp. All saved from the scrap yard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You should post a listing of the gear that you're describing, and what you need to know for each piece. That would be best. :thumb:

RPM123

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2018, 09:11 pm »
Welcome, jorod.  :beer:

Be sure to post a question or more in the Tube-o-phile Circle. Lot's of wide-ranging help therein.  :thumb:

PM sent.

jorod

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2018, 09:31 pm »
I would love to be able to post a list of what I have. The problem is that I do not know what I have. They look like amps that need only the correct tubes but I  have no way of knowing what tubes. No markings of any kind. I have two manuals one for the 50A and one for the 50B but I do not have these amps. I will have to take some photos. Thanks

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2018, 11:31 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC jorod   :thumb:  Given enough info, pics a big help, someone can probably assist. As Jerry notes, additional post in the 'Tube-o-phile' circle will likely get more views.  8)

dangerbird

« Reply #9 on: 28 Oct 2018, 05:19 pm »
jorod,, please check your inbox,, Blair had a pair of my VTL Compact monos,,if you locate them please pm me.
Thank you kindly