Fuse upgrades?

Hopeful

Re: Fuse upgrades?
« Reply #20 on: 3 Dec 2020, 11:47 pm »
Use the SR Orange fuse and it makes a noticeable difference.  Mush more open and liquid.  Not cheap but make my Kismet sound even better.

ps. blew the orange fuse have ordered another one.  ouch :duh:

Lkdog

« Reply #21 on: 6 Dec 2020, 01:28 am »
Use the SR Orange fuse and it makes a noticeable difference.  Mush more open and liquid.  Not cheap but make my Kismet sound even better.

ps. blew the orange fuse have ordered another one.  ouch :duh:

That is a concern. I ordered some Furutechs for the A.C. Main inputs for a fairly good price from Analogue Seduction. Will see if those makes a difference.

I replaced the 4 fast blow fuses with Schurter ceramic fuses for cheap.
Can't say it made a difference. The noise floor was already really low. Certainly didn't hurt.

genjamon

« Reply #22 on: 6 Dec 2020, 01:39 am »
You’ll notice a difference with the Furutech. But expect it to sound hard for well more than 200 hours. Don’t give up on them until 350 hours or so.

GM1055

« Reply #23 on: 6 Dec 2020, 02:29 pm »
Go with the SR Orange fuses, there inexpensive, and don't look back, there that GOOD!

Lkdog

« Reply #24 on: 7 Dec 2020, 10:25 pm »
Go with the SR Orange fuses, there inexpensive, and don't look back, there that GOOD!

$160 a pop each for 2 fuses is sort of not inexpensive, LOL.
A few guys have them blow on them which would really suck.
It happens. The Furutech Pure Transmissions I ordered were under $95 for the pair.
Would love to try SR Oranges as I hear good things about them, but I already dump too much money into this hobby!

jeffb28451

« Reply #25 on: 8 Dec 2020, 05:37 pm »
Although the amps are quite new, the Synergistic orange fuses are a pricy, but worthwhile upgrade. Move the amps articulation up a notch or two, for sure.

Hopeful

« Reply #26 on: 9 Dec 2020, 01:45 am »
I use the SR Orange fuse in the Kismet and it makes a positive difference.

Subdusted

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jan 2021, 09:34 am »
SR Orange are the way to go. However, you need to get at least one value up, this is actually a manufacturer's recommendation.
They work a little different. It should also address the fuse  blowing issue.

Lkdog

« Reply #28 on: 28 Jan 2021, 05:58 am »
Just to double check, what value fuse are people ordering for the IEC in a Kismet?? 10 Amp?

I am tempted to try a pair as there is a 3 for 2 sale right now through January.

Dishman442

« Reply #29 on: 28 Jan 2021, 06:23 am »
Has anyone tried just the rail fuse(s) or just the board fuses?  Which were more impactful?

genjamon

« Reply #30 on: 28 Jan 2021, 02:20 pm »
I lived with just the board fuses upgraded for quite a while, then only recently upgraded the main fuse. It was too long ago for the board fuses to say which one was greater, but the short answer is the both matter, and not just a little.

qdrone

« Reply #31 on: 22 Feb 2021, 11:52 pm »
I replaced the 4 fuses on the rails in my Plinius Mark lll after I got it back from modifications with Synergistic Orange but did not replace the power fuse. I hear a huge difference when I run it in A bias,not so much b bias.
Did the full treatment to my Musical Concepts modified  Adcom 750 pre amp and noticed a moderate difference.
Since I use a Tice Power Block / Titan combo for power clean up didnt think it was necessary to do power fuse.
Thinking of dropping a Orange fuse in my Tice Power Block. My Kismet Odyssey Lorelei's  sound awesome.

Dr Pain

« Reply #32 on: 4 Apr 2021, 05:59 pm »
I put in Synergistic Research Orange fuses into my Stratos Kismit monoblocks and they are Amazing . I got them from Klaus,call him and order some you will be amazed!!!!!

I highly agree. The Stratos Monoblocks are great amps, but replacing the internal and IEC fuses with SR Orange fuses takes these amps to a higher level.