Just acquired some M3 Sapphires

Syrinxcs

Just acquired some M3 Sapphires
« on: 23 Jul 2023, 04:42 pm »
Just picked up a walnut pair locally. Have to say I’m very impressed. Using monoblocks with 120wpc output and they sound fantastic.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: Just acquired some M3 Sapphires
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2023, 08:53 pm »
welcome to the club!

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2023, 08:54 pm »
PS not sure where the listening position is in your room - but try the M3s "near field" - close to the listening position.  i love mine that way.

Syrinxcs

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2023, 10:13 pm »
I sit about 8ft away from them in a middle position and they are about 7ft apart.

DaveWin88

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2023, 11:45 pm »
Great looking pair. That's why I love the Spatials so much is that you can absolutely get away with the sidewalls being so close to the speakers. Enjoy

Daryl Zero

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2023, 04:21 am »
I like the trees growing out of them.

Mr. Big

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2023, 01:48 pm »
Very nice room and I love that you have room treatments that really will make a huge impact on the quality of sound from your speakers and any other speakers. I am updating my treatments with the GIK impression series to give my room a fresh look. They ship on 8/7/23. They have been great with communication.
https://www.gikacoustics.com/product/impression-2inch-acoustic-panel-diffusor-absorber/

dallaire1

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2023, 10:01 pm »
Congrats ! possibly the last speaker I will ever own. I can't imagine the sound getting much better in a properly treated room. Musicdre, I TOTALLY agree with the near field listening. I to have played around seating distances with them spaced 8 feet apart and found the mid to near field sounds amazing ! sound stage opens up side to side and front to back. The vocals are a lot more forward and intelligibility of vocals is amazing. I made the mistake of having a love seat with too high of a back on it, about ear level, and that clouded things up overall. Now I have my ears above and clear of the back of sofa and things have again opened up and are more airy for certain. Sure would like to hear that AMT tweeter though !